Course of study
Course of study
Sustainability Economics and Management - Master's Programme
You want to apply for a Master's Programme in Sustainability Economics and Management.
Most important points
- The study course is admission limited.
- Application for beginning students is possible in winter semester.
- First day of application: June 1st 2021
- Application deadline: July 15th 2021
- Application: not possible
Special admission requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in economic, social, natural or engineering sciences or a closely related field worth at least 180 credit points.
- Proof of professional competence with at least 5 CP each is expected in the following areas:
- Microeconomic theory and
- Introduction to business administration or comparable module and
- Mathematics for economists or comparable module
- English language proficiency at level B2 of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Possible proof and recognised language tests can be found in the FAQs for the study programme
- Proficiency of German language skills for international students (see tab Language Skills)
The following special qualifications in the field of sustainability are also an advantage:
- Proof of relevant professional experience or internships
- Proof of specialization in previous studies
- Proof of voluntary work (see admission regulations §4 (2))
- Overview in tabular form about relevant study-specific experiences, to be submitted with the application
Note: Only qualifications and previous experiences that are fulfilled until 15th of July can be accepted. A corresponding proof have to be presented until that date.
The university's own selection procedure is based on a ranking list which is determined by awarding of points. A maximum of 100 points will be awarded. Points are awarded for the following:
- the final grade or the average grade of the previous degree programme (maximum 60 points) and
- professional suitability and special qualifications in the field of sustainability (maximum 40 points).
In case of equal ranking, the lot decides.
You will find further details in the current admissions regulations.
Frequently Asked Questions about admission process
- Admission regulations Sustainability Economics and Management M.Sc. (unofficial English translation) [pdf]
- Zugangsordnung Sustainability Economics and Management M.A. [pdf]
Fees and tuition
Normal fees and tuition, see more details .
With a first degree from Germany you need to apply online from June 1st 2021 until July 15th 2021 for the beginning of Wintersemester 2021/2022.
For the online application please have your personal data and your university degree from Germany on hand. Another option is to use your transcript of records with the total amount of your credit points and overall average grade of your studies.
At the end of the online application you get the document Bewerbungsantrag to print out. Please send this document signed with all other mentioned documents to the University of Oldenburg.