Chemistry (Master of Education Programme (Gymnasium))
The Master of Education (Gymnasium) is taught over four semesters in which you must earn 120 credit points. You will advance your curricular knowledge in both teaching subjects (30 credit points each). In the area of specialization, you will study education science related content (18 credit points) and complete practical training (12 credit points). At the end of the degree programme, you will follow the Masterabschlussmodul (27 credit points) and the Abschlusskolloquium (3 credit points).
During your studies, you will advance your curricular and teaching method knowledge and follow modules in education science. You will continue your practical training in 9-week long internships at schools in the Weser-Ems area.
- Strength in education: Over 40% of students at the University of Oldenburg are studying for a teaching degree
- Strength in research: Final papers can be integrated into research projects; special doctoral programme in teaching and learning research
- Strength in supervision: Intensive supervision through a network of experienced mentors in the practical phase
German Language Proficiency
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
Graduates can also work in private and religious schools, in private tutoring institutes or in schools in other countries. Completing the degree also qualifies students for PhD research.
- A bachelor's degree or a similar qualification in the subjects required for the admission to the master's degree programme
- Combination of subjects according to the regulations for Master's degrees for teachers in Lower Saxony (Nds. MasterVO) in the currently valid version
- In both subjects a total of at least 90 credit points in modules related to the teaching profession, of which at least 30 credit points per subject
- At least 12 credit points in teacher training related educational sciences
- Successfully completed practical trainings, in a school and in another career area - in a total amount of at least 8 weeks
This is an open admissions degree course. Application is only possible in the winter semester for 1st and higher semester.
The application deadline for the winter semester is 15th August.
Only for higher semester: The application deadline for the summer semester is 15th February