Course of study
Due to a technical problem, the InfoLine Studium is currently not available by telephone.
We ask for your understanding.
For personal enquiries please have your student ID or application number ready on hand.
English Studies (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme) and Music (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
You want to apply for a Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme in English Studies and Music.
Most important points
- The subject English Studies is admission free.
- The subject Music is admission free.
- Therefore you have to apply as it is an open admissions degree course.
- Enrolment for beginning students is not possible in summer semester.
Special admission requirements
Proof of a very good command of English:
- At registration with school leaving certificate or diploma with an acceptable grade in English at a higher level (equivalent to the German Abitur with at least 11 points in English at a higher level) or
- One of the following international tests:
- CAE = C
- CPE = C
- IELTS Academic = 6.5
- PTE Academic = 76 points
- TOEFL ibT = 95, cbT = 240
- TOEFL ITP = 587 (the test can be performed only at Sprachenzentrum of University of Oldenburg)
- This requirement does not apply to native speakers of English.
Certificates or school leaving certificates may not be older than two years, and evidence of language skills must be provided at the time of enrolment.
- Website Certificate in advanced English (CAE)
- Website International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Website International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (only at Sprachenzentrum of University of Oldenburg)
- Website TOEFL-Test
- Website TOEFL (ITP) (only at Sprachenzentrum of University of Oldenburg)
Entrance examination for music: The entrance examination consists of a written qualifying test, a musical-artistic presentation and a personal evaluation to show special ability in music.
Applications were accepted until May 2nd.
Music - Entrance Exam
Please pay also attention to the admission requirements.