Course of study
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Degree Award: Bachelor of Science
- Language: German
- admission limited
Course of study
Biology - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take Biology
- as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS) or
- as a Minor (30 ECTS) combined with a Major
Biology can be studied either in connection with a non-teaching career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects for each teaching position.
Students studying biology at the University of Oldenburg can specialise in fields such as neurobiology, genetics, biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology, microbiology, biodiversity, ecology and landscape development. An overview of the working groups in biology, their research and further information on this programme can be found on the website for the Department of Biology and Environmental Sciences.
The new bachelor's and master's programmes in biology provide many opportunities for specialisation in current working areas.
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
Students may also continue their studies at the master's level. The Master of Education (M.Ed.) opens the door to a career in public schools. The Master of Science provides access to the same career opportunities and the former Diplom qualification in biology. An overview of the prospective career fields for biology graduates can be found (for example) in the web pages and brochures provided by the Verbands Deutscher Biologen und biowissenschaftlicher Fachgesellschaften.
If students are interested in a non-school-related goal, more information can be found at the professional field of Biology and Environmental Science (in German).
The application deadline for the winter semester is 20 August.
- Kurzbeschreibung Biologie (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Combination of subjects for teaching degrees [pdf]
- Fächerkombinationen Lehramt [pdf]
- Current courses for Biology (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Zwei-Fächer-Bachelorstudiengang (B.A./B.Sc.) bis 2021 [pdf]