Course of study
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Degree Award: Bachelor of Arts
- Language: German
- admission limited
Course of study
Politics and Economics - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take Politics-Economics as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS).
Politics-Economics can be studied either in connection with a non-teaching career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects for each teaching position.
It is not possible to combine Politics-Economics and Economics Education or Social Studies as a Dual-subject Bachelor.
The curriculum includes politics and economics, as well as educational science. Students gain the basic skills needed to apply and reflect upon the central issues and methods of the disciplines of social studies and economics.
Students learn to evaluate the historical and social significance of political issues, generate generalisations, and recognise and reflect upon current developments. Furthermore, students examine international relations with regards to their theoretical and current relationships.
In the area of economics, students evaluate micro and macroeconomic issues, developing a broad understanding of the subjects and their interrelations. This involves engaging with economic issues, categorising their wider relations, and evaluating them with regards to their range of influence on the macroeconomic level.
This course of studies requires students to consider distant political and economic interdependencies and interdisciplinary themes.
Within the scope of the didactic component of this programme, students gain competencies that equip them to select goals, teaching content, and learning concepts in order to plan, carry out, and evaluate as well as consider the position and development of politics, economics, society, and education.
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
- Publishing, print, radio, and television, as well as public relations agencies, and other fields that require an understanding of political and economic issues
- Public relations in companies and other institutions
- Consumer advice and consumer protection
- Teaching in educational institutions outside of the school system
The application deadline for the winter semester is 31 July.
- Studiengangsflyer Politik - Wirtschaft (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Combination of subjects for teaching degrees [pdf]
- Fächerkombinationen Lehramt [pdf]
- Current courses for Politics and Economics (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
- Internetseite Institut für Ökonomische Bildung
- Internetseite Institut für Sozialwissenschaften
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Zwei-Fächer-Bachelorstudiengang (B.A./B.Sc.) bis 2021 [pdf]