Course of study
- Duration: 8 semesters
- Degree Award: Bachelor of Engineering plus beruflicher Abschluss
- Language: German/English
- admission free
- Special admission requirements
Course of study
Engineering Physics - Dual Study Program - Bachelor's Programme
The Dual Study Programme in Engineering Physics is designated as a full-time study programme of eight semesters. Practical parts need to be absolved in a cooperating company to achieve a recognized apprenticeship. The study program is structured in modules and corresponds to the guidelines of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The students are supposed to work in a company during the first semester as well as during the semester breaks which represents the integrated part of practice oriented training. The apprenticeship will be completed in the 7th semester. During the first and the 7th semester no ECTS points can be acquired leading to an overall credit point amount of 180 ECTS at the end of the 8th semester. The contents of the modules and the amount of achievable credit points of the Dual Study Program from the 2nd semester and higher correspond with the regular Bachelor Program of Engineering Physics of the first semester.
The lectures are identical to the international bachelor's programme in Engineering Physics which fills the gap between traditional physics and engineering. Since 1998, students in this programme have acquired a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of mathematics and the natural sciences in combination with application oriented engineering, including the skills needed to further develop modern technologies. In laboratory projects, teams work through real world assignments. Many students complete their final project in a technology oriented business or an external research institute.
More than half of the students in the international Engineering Physics Programme come from abroad. Students from many continents work closely together in lectures, practice sessions, and projects. The classes in the first two semesters at the universities are offered entirely in English, and later contain an increasing share taught in German. Admission to this English speaking programme requires good English skills.
This Dual Study Programme in Engineering Physics is accredited by the accreditation agency ASIIN (www.asiin.de), and has been awarded the EUR-ACE® label. This ensures the international recognition of the programme.
- Laser & Optics
- Renewable Energies
- Biomedical Physics & Acoustics
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates (not older than two years):
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) Level A2
English Language Proficiency see admissions regulations
You can proof your English language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) Level B2
- if applicants are native speaker or they have university entrance qualification or a university degree obtained in English (within the last five years)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. Applicants who need a preparatory German course before commencing their studies must present their knowledge of English with their application. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
Find out more about the professional field of Physics (in German).
Contract of a study course related apprenticeship recognized by the chamber of industry and commerce plus aadditional student contract with a partner company are necessary.
- English: Certificate of English language proficiency - B2 level or equivalent This requirement does not apply to native speakers of English. The certification may not be older than five years.
- German: Certificate of German language proficiency - Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) Level A2
- In cases of doubt admission board decides.
Please pay attention to these notes regarding language courses at the Hochschule Emden/Leer
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
- Kurzbeschreibung Engineering Physics im Praxisverbund (B. Eng.) [pdf]
- Current courses for Engineering Physics - Dual Study Program (Bachelor's Programme)
- Internetseite Engineering Physics (B. Eng.)
- Studienportal Erneuerbare Energien
- Platform for the Study of Renewable Energy (in English)
- Language tests, start of semester and further informations [pdf]
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Engineering Physics im Praxisverbund (B.Sc.) bis 2021 [pdf]