Course of study
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Degree Award: Bachelor of Arts
- Language: German
- admission free
Course of study
Protestant Theology and Religious Education - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take Protestant Theology and Religious Education
- as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS) or
- as a Minor (30 ECTS) combined with a Major
Protestant Theology and Religious Education can be studied either in connection with a non-teaching career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects for each teaching position.
In order to study this course at the University of Oldenburg as a student from outside of Germany, you need an adequate knowledge of German.
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
Prospective careers include further education, media, advertising, parties and associations, and religious, national, and international organisations.
If students are interested in a non-school-related goal, more information can be found at the professional field of Protestant Theology (in German).
The application deadline for the winter semester is 15 October.
If applicable, the application deadline depends on the first subject, if it is admission restricted.
- Brief Information Protestant Theology and Religious Education (B.A./B.Sc.) (English Version) [pdf]
- Kurzbeschreibung Evangelische Theologie und Religionspädagogik (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Combination of subjects for teaching degrees [pdf]
- Fächerkombinationen Lehramt [pdf]
- Current courses for Protestant Theology and Religious Education (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
- Internetseite EvangelischeTheologie und Religionspädagogik (B.A./B.Sc.)
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Zwei-Fächer-Bachelorstudiengang (B.A./B.Sc.) bis 2021 [pdf]