Course of study
- Duration: 4 semesters
- Degree Award: Master of Arts
- Language: English
- admission limited
- Special admission requirements
EMMIR will not be inviting students for Cohort 10 (2020-2022). We will not be opening an application process or accepting any applications. If you are interested in studying EMMIR, we will have more information on future opportunities in the spring/summer of 2020.
Please check the EMMIR-Website for more details.
What is EMMIR? - vimeo.com
EMMIR in Oldenburg - emmir.org
Course of study
European Master in Migration and Intercultural Relations - Master's Programme
The curriculum takes into account all forms of migration and displacement. Related issues to be addressed are intercultural conflict resolution mechanisms, multi cultural governance issues and global/regional integration.
The cross-cutting aim is to promote problem solving skills and the ability of knowledge transfer. Graduates will be qualified to pursue doctoral studies or employment in national and international governmental and non-governmental institutions dealing with migration, intercultural competence and education, in particular intersecting with development issues and/or gender issues.
Further information about vocational field of Education (In German).
- The program builds upon a first degree such as a Bachelor's degree (or an equivalent qualification) in a field related to migration studies: e.g. Social sciences, History, Cultural studies, Educational sciences, Law, Economics, Development Studies and Journalism.
- The final grade of the first degree must be proven by certificates. You are expected to provide documentation of a final first degree by the deadline.
- Applicants have to document knowledge of migration studies, intercultural relations and empirical methods. Modules completed at the undergraduate level, papers, essays and examination results are considered valid documentation. Preference will also be given to qualified applicants who, in addition, have relevant professional experience.
- Language requirements: Applicants whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate instruction was not in English must demonstrate proficiency in English by the application deadline. We kindly ask you to check our website: http://www.emmir.org for more information about relevant tests of English language.
Following application period, EMMIR Consortium Committee Selection Board will select students based on relevance and level of academic qualification, relevance and level of research/professional experience, motivation and proficiency in second/third language.
Please check the EMMIR-Website for further information regarding the application process.
General questions: Coordinator for Academics and Teaching:
- Application Call [pdf]
- Current courses for European Master in Migration and Intercultural Relations (Master's Programme)
- Website European Master in Migration and Intercultural Relations (in English)
- Gebührenpflichtige Studiengänge
- Fee-based degree programmes
- Akkreditierungsurkunde European Master in Migration and Intercultural Relations (M.A.) bis 2018 [pdf]