SSC InfoDesk


InfoLine Studium

+49 (0)441 798-2728

Netiquette for requests by e-mail [pdf]

For personal enquiries please have your student ID or application number ready on hand.

Here you can find the most important information and forms related to enrolment (for example leave of absence, deregistration, reregistration, part time degree programme). 

Change of address

To make sure that you receive your enrolment certificate and CampusCard on time and without complication, you can change your address directly in Stud.IP.

You can also print your enrolment certificate and confirmation for BAföG from this link.

Leave of absence


You can take a leave of absence without reason for a maximum of three semesters. If you would like to take a leave of absence beyond this limit, you must provide a justified reason, for which you need to provide evidence. The maximum permitted leave of absence if an important reason has been provided and approved is five semesters. Parental leave is an exception in this case. If you are caring for a child, you are entitled to a leave of absence of a maximum of six semesters up to the end of the child's eighth year. 


The application for a leave of absence must be submitted to the Registrar's Office within one month after the start of the lecture period. We recommend submitting your application during the reregistration period so that you do not receive any reminders or you are not deregistered for not reregistering.


BAFöG recipients must inform the Student Administration and Social Welfare Organisation (Studentenwerk) of their leave of absence at the earliest possible opportunity. During the leave of absence you may not attend courses or sit examinations (however examinations sat in another country may be accredited with the agreement of the examination committee). 


Application for leave of absence [pdf]

Important links

Semester contribution/Payment

Social counselling for Leave of absence (only in German)


You can deregister at any time (however not retrospectively) by applying for deregistration. If you do not specify a date for deregistration, you will be deregistered at the end of the current semester.

Please bring your CampusCard with you or send them to us, if you do not wish to be deregistered at the end of the semester.

The AStA will decide whether a partial refund of the semester ticket fees is possible based on the exmatriculation certificate.

Payments may only be refunded if the deregistration (form) is received at least one month after the start of the lecture period. 


Exmatriculation [pdf]

Important links

Social counselling for graduates (only in German)

Health insurance

Students under and including 30 years of age must submit proof of health insurance on enrolment. Students who are aged 31 and above do not need to submit evidence of health insurance.

Further information about health insurance (in German)


If you would like to continue studying your degree programme, you must re-register every semester. Please transfer your semester fees on time. Once you have re-registered, you must have your CampusCard re-labelled (validated).

Re-registration periods

  • 1 - 31 July for the following winter semester
  • 15 January - 15 February for the following summer semester



Part-time study

Part-time study is possible for bachelor's degrees and master's degrees. Applications for part-time study must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office by 31 July for the winter semester and 15 February for the summer semester for at least one semester or the academic year (two semesters). Students who are starting their degree at the University of Oldenburg can apply for part-time study on enrolment.

When studying part-time, students can only earn a maximum of 80% of the credit points listed in the examination regulations per semester. Students can apply to earn 40%, 50%, 60%, 70% and 80% of the available credit points. The standard period of study increases accordingly.

Long-term study fees (EUR 500) are reduced accordingly. The remaining semester fees are not reduced.

Make sure that you check whether part-time study affects other financial arrangements you may have, for example BAföG, child benefit and health insurance. Assistance is available from Student Administration and Social Welfare Organisation (Studentenwerk).


Important links

BAföG-Amt (in German)

Sozialberatung zum Teilzeitstudium

Accident insurance

All students and PhD candidates are insured against accidents by Landeskasse Niedersachsen in Hanover. The costs for this are covered by the state of Lower Saxony and students do not have pay contributions. If you have an accident, please submit an accident form to the InfoDesk in the SSC or Registrar’s Office. All accidents must be reported, not just sport accidents. Please fill out the form using a computer and not by hand.  

Webmajnz1nstewignxrgh (infoportkgadal-studib6ieum@uohslsl.3usde) (Changed: 2020-02-11)