Support services for attendees of the World CUR 2019
- Beds for Brains Program: Students and faculty members of the University of Oldenburg will offer free accommodation for a selected number of students during the congress. More »
- Travel Support Program: The University of Oldenburg and the State of Lower Saxony will support selected students from low- and middle-income countries financially to attend the World CUR 2019. More »
- If you look for help with the abstract submission process, please read our Submission Guide.
- If you have special needs, please read our FAQ on accessibility and special needs.
- If you want to know more about travel and visa, please have a look here.
Students and faculty members of the University of Oldenburg will offer free accommodation for a selected number of students during the congress.
Wir suchen deine Couch!
Im Mai 2019 werden studentische Wissenschaftler/-innen aus der ganzen Welt ihre Forschungsarbeiten in Oldenburg präsentieren. Um das zu ermöglichen, brauchen wir dich.
- Du bist Student/-in oder Mitarbeiter/-in der Uni Oldenburg, hast Freude an internationalen Kontakten und sagst gerne „Welcome!“.
- Du kannst Übernachtungsmöglichkeit(en) für mindestens 3 Nächte im Zeitraum vom 21. bis 27. Mai 2019 mit guter Verkehrsanbindung zum Campus Haarentor (oder einem Fahrrad, das du verleihen magst) anbieten.
Dann melde dich bitte bei uns, unterstütze den Austausch und werde Host!
You are interested in staying with a students or faculty member of the University of Oldenburg when attending the World CUR 2019?
- Due to the high demand and logistical reasons the Beds for Brains-Program will most likely only host the beneficiaries of the Travel Support Program (first presenters only).
- In case you want to be informed about additional available guestrooms in the Beds for Brains-Program, please send an email with the subject “waiting list” to BedgvsForBrcctains@WorldCUR2019.de
- Beneficiaries of the Travel Support Program will receive an invitation email to register soon (first presenters only)
The University of Oldenburg and the State of Lower Saxony will ensure that selected students from low- and middle-income countries with an excellent review will be able to come to Oldenburg by covering travel expenses and offering free access to the Congress and prioritized access to the Beds for Brains Program.
How does the World CUR 2019 Travel Support Program work?
- All students from low- and middle-income countries who submit their research abstract for the World CUR 2019 in time will have the chance to get travel funding.
- Selection will be based on review results.
- Besides submitting your abstract, there is no further application necessary. You are considered automatically.
- Most likely only one presenter per successful submission will be supported (depending on the number of successful submissions and expected travel costs).
How to apply and when to know if one was accepted?
- Right now, all you have to do is to submit your research abstract until 16 October 2018.
- We will start sending out notifications regarding the review results and the acceptance or non-acceptance to the Travel Support Program in December.
- Please make sure that you check your email regularly between mid November and December!
What is included in the World CUR 2019 Travel Support Program?
- Round-trip travel tickets for a return journey from an airport in your country to Oldenburg. This includes train or bus tickets from the airport in Germany to Oldenburg and back. Tickets will be sent to you digitally (e-tickets).
- Accommodation in our Beds for Brains Program: Stay for 6 nights with a member of the University of Oldenburg. It might be necessary to change your host once during your stay.
- If needed: Visa fees (60 €) will be refunded to you after the Congress. If you need a visa, please start preparing as early as possible. Learn more about Travel and Visa here.
- Free access to the Congress and the "Social Program before" (enjoy a bonus day to network and explore the Northwest of Germany before attending the World CUR 2019).
What is NOT included in the World CUR 2019 Travel Support Program?
- You will need to arrive at the airport in your country on your own means.
- The Travel Support Program can't pay for hotel accommodation. Thus, if you do not want to stay in the Beds for Brains Program, you will have to take care of your accommodation yourself.
- Breakfasts and dinners during your stay in Germany are not covered. For details on living costs in Germany please read our FAQ.
Do you need to register at the World CUR 2019 Registration Portal?
Yes, you need to register by 1 March in order to confirm your submission as well as attendance. You also have the opportunity to choose your favorite Social Program tour.