RESEARCH PROJECTS of Jethro Betcke:
- PVKLIMA: Energy Yield from Thin Film Photovoltaic Modules under the Influence of different Climate Impacts
At Oldenburg University:
- DiGASP: Distribution Grid Analysis and Simulation with Photovoltaics
- DWD-AEROCOM: Downscaling and updating of the GADS aerosol database.
- FLINS: Fotovoltaik Leistungsvergleich im norddeutschen Strahlungsklima (supported by DBU)
- MeteoRES: Turning Wind Energy Meteorology into System Integrations Services for Energy Market Participants (supported by the EC Work Programme "PEOPLE").
- Adaptation of solar irradiance map software, calculation of irradiance maps and validation for solar energy system developers.
- MESOR: Management and Explotation of Solar Resource Knowledge
- DEMS: Decentral Energy Management System (commissioned by EWE)
- Implementation and further development of the Kriging of Difference method as developed in the PVSAT2 project (commissioned by Meteocontrol)
- Heliosat3: Improvement of satellite irradiance measurements by exploiting the increased capabilities of the Meteosat Second Generation (European Commission fifth frame work program)
- Implementation of the Heliosat3 software at DWD CM-SAF
- PVSAT2: Intelligent Performance Check of PV System Operation
Based on Satellite Data (European Commission sixth frame work program)
At University of Utrecht:
- Evaluation of designs of PV-systems in the built environment 1997-2000 (commisioned by Novem)
- Monitoring of the PV noisebarrier along the A27. (commissioned by Novem)
- PVSAT: Remote performance Check for Grid Connected PV Systems Using Satellite Data (Joule III project under co-ordination of Fraunhofer ISE)
- Inventory of PV monitoring project in the Netherlands. (commissioned by Novem)
- Evaluation of irradiation measurements on horizontal and tilted surfaces. (commissioned by Novem)
- Establishing the potential for PV on noise barriers in the Netherlands (part of Thermie B project PVNB pot.)