Prof. Dr. Ehtibar Dzhafarov
Ehtibar N. Dzhafarov
Ehtibar Dzhafarov is Professor of Psychological Sciences at the Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University. He got his PhD at Moscow State University, Moscow, USSR, in 1979.
Authored over 130 papers and book chapters, edited three books. He is co-editor of the New Handbook of Mathematical Psychology, to be published by Cambridge University Press, co-editor of the book series Advanced Series on Mathematical Psychology, published by World Scientific, and long-term Associate Editor of the Journal of Mathematical Psychology. He is a recipient of the Alexander von Humboldt Research Award for senior scientists and of the Journal of Mathematical Psychology Outstanding Paper Award. He is a member (and former president) of the Society for Mathematical Psychology, and the member (and former member of the executive board)
of the International Society for Psychophysics.
His recent scientific work includes foundations of probability and probabilistic contextuality across sciences (including the theory of selective influences of deterministic factors on random outputs), subjective topology and geometry of stimulus spaces derived from discrimination functions, abstract psychophysics of discrimination, and response time analysis.
- Dzhafarov, E.N., & Colonius, H. (2007). Dissimilarity Cumulation theory and subjective metrics. Journal of Mathematical Psychology, 51, 290–304.
- Dzhafarov, E.N. (2010). Dissimilarity, quasidistance, distance. Journal of Mathematical Psychology, 54, 334-337.
- Dzhafarov, E.N., & Dzhafarov, D.D. (2012). The sorites paradox: A behavioral approach. In L. Rudolph (Ed). Qualitative Mathematics for the Social Sciences: Mathematical Models for Research on Cultural Dynamics (pp. 105-136). London: Routledge.
- Dzhafarov, E.N., & Kujala, J.V. (2013). Order-distance and other metric-like functions on jointly distributed random variables. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 141, 3291-3301.
- Jones, M., & Dzhafarov, E.N. (2014). Unfalsifiability and mutual translatability of major modeling schemes for choice reaction time. Psychological Review. 121, 1-32.
- Dzhafarov, E.N., & Perry, L. (2014). Perceptual matching and sorites: Experimental study of an ancient Greek paradox. Attention, Perception, and Psychophysics 76, 2441-2464.
- Dzhafarov, E.N., & Kujala, J.V. (2014). Contextuality is about identity of random variables. Physica Scripta T163, 014009 (available as arXiv:1405.2116.)
- Dzhafarov, E.N., & Kujala, J.V., & Larsson, J.-Å. (2015). Contextuality in three types of quantum-mechanical systems. Foundations of Physics 7, 762-782