1.9 Modern Business Manners and Self-Presentation
09.00 - 17.00
|Anmeldefrist/ Registration Deadline:||17.09.2020|
Gabriela Meyer enjoys helping people understand and develop manners, excellent communication skills and keeping a positive attitude. Gabriela studied journalism, traveled around the globe for Deutsche Lufthansa and worked as PR-Coordinator for an English-language, international research university. She founded Modern Life Seminars, an academy for exclusive trainings about all facets of our modern working world. Growing up with a multicultural background herself, Gabriela was always enthusiastic about fostering intercultural understanding. Gabriela published her book about business etiquette and modern manners «Modern Life Etikette. Moderne Umgangsformen, erfolgreiche Selbstpräsentation und digitale Etikette» (Humboldt Verlag, 2020) this year.
When it comes business etiquette, there are some rules that aren´t meant to be broken. What should I know as a young professional to assist me in my daily working life? How do I manage the greetings and introductions, the meetings and the small talk that are part of the business day? How can I write more effective emails? Which are the fashion rules that apply for today’s professional? What is acceptable, and expected, in personal branding and social media etiquette – and what is to be avoided?
This intensive 2-days seminar is designed not only to introduce you to (German) business culture but to help you optimize your appearance and conduct – both digital and analogue. You will get helpful tips, feedback and learn about the many facets of business etiquette and dress codes which apply outside academia. Upon completion of the workshop you will gain the knowledge and confidence that will assist you in being successful in the professional work place.
• Modern business etiquette in Germany - Do's & Don'ts
• Interacting within hierarchies, supervisors and co-workers
• Professional handling of social events, meetings, and conferences
• Never eating alone: Small Talk in Business
• Good taste, good writing: Email-Correspondence in Business
• Self-Presentation: Body Language and Facial expressions
• Dress codes in the Corporate World
• What makes you likeable and interesting
• Digital Manners und Personal Branding (LinkedIn, XING & Co)
• Dealing with text, pictures, and storytelling
• Developing your personal Elevator Pitch
• Networking as a Young Professional