Do you procrastinate? Do you have trouble with your supervisor? Do you struggle with writing? Congratulations! Everything is normal with you and your PhD. Crises and conflicts during the PhD are usually not the exception, but the rule. They are signs that you are well on your way to finding your own way – to carving out a place for you (and your research) in the world.
In this workshop, crises and conflicts during the PhD are regarded as a) normal and b) invitations for personal and professional growth. Its aims are…
- …to enable you to better understand the challenges brought about by different crises
- …to give you the opportunity to find solutions to existing challenges and
- …to help you develop a skill set and emergency plan for difficult situations in the future.
The following crises and conflicts will be covered:
- Material crisis, relevance crisis, writing crisis
- Conflicts with supervisors, partners, family, friends
- The conflict arising from the “PhD student’s paradox” of having to carry out independent research while depending on a supervisor.
After the workshop, you will…
- …be prepared for the most common crises almost all PhD students face at some point.
- ...be able to treat yourself with kindness when a crisis or conflict arises.
- …know methods which will help you through upcoming challenges with your PhD.
- …have a support-network of other PhD students.
Target group: All doctoral candidates
Course website and registration: https://uol.de/p40266en