How to lead and motivate a team and plan efficiently
Did you know that your leadership style and the quality of team communication have a huge impact on motivation and performance? That team dynamics can either become an obstacle or lead to a success story. Performance and results depend on the quality of teamwork, on established communication and cooperation structures and on effective task management. And last but not least on your confidence (!) and ability to integrate and get every team member aboard. If you want to enhance your leadership and self-management skills and at the same time have fun with group exercises and role-playing games, this workshop is for you!
You will reflect on your own role and strengths and learn how to implement effective tools right
from the beginning in order to save you from common pitfalls. The workshop provides you with basic aspects of team roles, phases, useful meeting structures and task management elements. Here you will explore powerful communication tools such as the art of listening, creative problem solving and implementing a constructive feedback culture. Furthermore we will discuss ele- ments of motivating leadership and how to build trust and encourage teams towards the realization of goals.
These new-found leadership skills will help you motivate and inspire a team, leverage teamwork
i.e., initiate and maintain a positive team spirit and successful collaboration.
- Team development stages and team management (Teamwork clock, team triangle)
- Team roles
- Elements of high performance teams
- Transformational leadership
- Meeting culture
- Planning and prioritizing own and the team’s tasks (Kanban method)
- Leading yourself (self-awareness, enhance confidence, strength orientation, work-life balance)
- Dealing with emotions (own and others’) and leading by example
- Unify diverse teams, integrate different personalities and interests (Riemann types)
- Creative problem solving tools
- Motivate and inspire by finding attractive goals, making accomplishments visible,
- encouraging and challenging with feedback
- Building trust through listening and empathy
Trainer input, demonstrations, exercises, role-playing games, group discussions, video clip examples, feedback, etc. Each Participant is encouraged to explore her style and thus expand their individual set of leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
Target group: female Postdocs from all disciplines
Contact: Graduiertenakademie ; phone: +49 (0) 798 – 4628