As a PhD researcher or postdoc you are probably facing a variety of scientific and personal challenges. In addition to inspiring scientific ideas, you also need efficient work organization, dedication, perseverance and a certain resistance to stress during this important stage of your career. Self-motivation over a long period of time and developing your own working methods is an essential part of scientific work. A valuable opportunity to master these challenges is to rely on the support and feedback of others. This is exactly what peer coaching offers you, as basis of the Graduate Academy's coaching programme.
Aims of the Workshop:
The kick-off workshop promotes and strengthens team building and creates a culture of mutual support and professional feedback amongst participants.
Contents of the workshop:
- Formation of teams for peer-coaching
- Learning about the method of peer coaching in order to support each other in challenging situations
- Practicing peer coaching and feeling confident applying it
- Finding solutions for demanding situations in everyday professional life together with colleagues from different fields of industry
- Generating ideas to expand your own repertoire of actions and thus strengthen one's own professional role
- Reflecting self-image and external-image through differentiated feedback from colleagues
- Having fun, networking and creating valuable collegial connections that can also last post work