To master all demands required of a postdoc or a group leader while keeping time for creative research projects it is important to manage yourself and lead your research group in an appropriate way. The workshop presents fundamental knowledge and efficient methods for effective management. While the presented management approach is generally applicable, the focus of the seminar is on environments in science and research.
Contents in brief:
The workshop covers knowledge on leadership in a scientific surrounding and acquaints the participants with different leadership tools.
- Leading and management in a scientific surrounding
- General management tasks and tools
- Management by objectives (MBO)
- Delegate and control tasks
- Motivation, conditions for a motivational surrounding
- Communication, difficult conversations
- Common conflicts arising during supervision of PhD, Master, and Bachelor students
- Exchange of good practice among the participants
- Peer consulting
The seminar enables the participants to organise their own research projects using successfully practiced management tools. All theoretical models are applied to the academic environment in Germany. The exchange of good practice methods is supported.