Universität Oldenburg, ICBM,
Tel: +49 (0)441 / 798-3634
Fax: 0441 / 798-3404
Within this interdisciplinary project, I am currently aiming towards building a new resilience framework that can be applied to socio-technical systems as well as ecosystems. The framework offers a broad definition of resilience and potential measurements for complex nonlinear systems. In particular, the framework stresses the roles of
- expected system functions,
- different kinds of disturbances,
- different system responses towards disturbanced,
- time scales.
- Complex systems, especially multistability and tipping points.
- Socio-technical systems, especially energy systems and agent-based modelling thereof.
- Theoretical ecology, especially population dynamics and resilience.
- Evolutionary theory, especially evolutionary game theory and the evolution of cooperation.
- Social psychology, especially social identity theory.
- Schoenmakers, S., Hilbe, C., Blasius, B., & Traulsen, A. (2014). Sanctions as honest signals–the evolution of pool punishment by public sanctioning institutions. Journal of theoretical biology, 356, 36-46.
- Kleyer, M., Balke, T., Minden, V., Peppler-Lisbach, C., Schoenmakers, S., Spalke, J., Timmermann, H. (2014). Mellum: a highly dynamics Island, though not for plants. Wadden Sea Ecosystem, 33, 29-44.
- Multistability and Tipping: From Mathematics and Physics to Climate and Brain,
Workshop, Max-Planck-Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden, October 2016.
Schoenmakers, S., Feudel. U.: Resilience: On the way to an applicable framework. (Poster)
- CENTOS Workshop der Nachhaltigkeit,
Schlaues Haus, Oldenburg, Germany, January 2016.
Eisenack, K., Feudel, U., Hähne, H., Homburg, S., Meya, J., Peinke, J., Schoenmakers, S.: Resilienz von sozio-technischen Systemen am Beispiel des Strom-Transport-und-Akteurs-System. (Poster)
- Workshop on System Integration of Renewable Energy (WSIRE 2015),
HWK Delmenhorst, Germany, November 2015. Resilience of Socio-Technical Systems, Exemplified by the Energy Transport and Actor System. (Presentation)