Dr. Partha Sharathi Dutta
1. February 2013-present: Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology - Ropar, India
2. February 2011 – January 2013: Alexander von Humboldt fellow in the group of Prof. Ulrike Feudel at the Institute for Chemistry and Biology of the Marine Environment(ICBM), Carl von Ossietzky University, Oldenburg, Germany.
3. June 2010 – October 2010: EPSRC funded Associate Research Fellow in Applied Mathematics in the group of Dr. Sebastian Wieczorek at the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, University of Exeter, United Kingdom.
My main interest is in the area of nonlinear dynamical systems.
1. February 2005 – February 2010: CSIR Research Fellow for pursuing PhD in Nonlinear Dynamics at the Department of Mathematics and Centre for Theoretical Studies, Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur, India.
2. August 2003 – January 2005: University Research Fellow at the Department of Mathematics, University of Burdwan, Burdwan, India.
3. September 2000 – September 2002: M.Sc. in Mathematics from the Department of Mathematics, University of Burdwan, Burdwan, India.
1. 2010: Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship for a period of 24 months at the
Carl von Ossietzky University, Oldenburg, Germany.
2. 2010: EPSRC Associate Research Fellow for a period of 16 months at the University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom.
3. 2009: DST (India) - DAAD (Germany )- PPP short term fellowship for a period of 2 months at the University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany.
4. 2007: CSIR Senior Research Fellowship by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi, India for a period of 36 months at the Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur, India.
5. 2005: CSIR Junior Research Fellowship by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi, India for a period of 24 months at the Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur, India.
6. 2004: GATE Fellowship by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), India for a period of 5 years for pursuing PhD, GATE-percentile 97.64. All India Rank 36.
1. B. W. Kooi, P. S. Dutta & U. Feudel, Resource competition: A bifurcation theory approach, Mathematical Modelling of Natural Phenomena, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 165–185, 2013.
2. S. De, P. S. Dutta & S. Banerjee, Torus destruction in a nonsmooth noninvertible map, Physics Letters A, Elsevier, Vol. 376, Issue 4, pp. 400–406, 2012.
3. S. De, P. S. Dutta, S. Banerjee & A. R. Roy, Local and Global Bifurcations in Three-Dimensional, Continuous, Piecewise Smooth Maps, International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 1617-1636, 2011.
4. P. S. Dutta & S.Banerjee, Period increment cascades in a discontinuous map with square-root singularity, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems–Series B, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 961-976, 2010.
5. V. Avrutin, P. S. Dutta, M. Schanz & S. Banerjee, Influence of a square-root singularity on the behaviour of piecewise smooth maps, Nonlinearity, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 445-463, 2010.
6. P. S. Dutta, S. De, S. Banerjee & A. R. Roy, Torus destruction via global bifurcat ionsin apiecewise-smooth, continuous map with square-root nonlinearity, Physics Letters A, Vol. 373, Issue 48, pp. 4426–4433, 2009.
7. P. S. Dutta, B. Routroy, S. Banerjee & S. S. Alam, On the existence of low-period orbits in n-dimensional piecewise linear discontinuous maps, Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 53, No. 4, pp. 369–380, 2008.
8. S.K.Roychoudhuri, P. S. Dutta, Magneto-elasticinteractionin aperfectly electric ally conducting infinite solid with distributed time dependent heat sources in therm oelasticity oftypeII(G-N model), Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 76, No. 4, pp. 331–338, 2006.
9. S. K. Roychoudhuri, P. S. Dutta, Thermo-elastic interaction without energy dissipation in an infinite solid with distributed periodically varying heat sources, International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 42, No. 14, pp. 4192–4203, 2005.