The Chair of Management within the Department of Business Administration, Economics, and Law at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg conducts research at the intersection of strategic management, sustainability, and innovation. After the recruitment of a new head of chair, we are looking to fill two positions as
Research Associate (PhD Student or Postdoc) (m/f/d)
(salary scale E 13 TV-L, 70%)
starting as soon as possible for a period of three years, with possibility of extension. The positions offer the opportunity to complete a PhD or habilitation thesis.
- Conducting research on topics in the area of the research group, such as sustainability-oriented transitions of firms or strategic sustainability management
- Writing academic publications
- Contributing to acquiring and managing third-party funded projects
- Contributing to the chair's teaching activities
- Very good university degree (Master, Diploma) in the field of management, economics, social sciences, natural sciences, or engineering
- When applying as postdoctoral researcher: a completed PhD degree as well as (first) experience in publishing in international peer-reviewed journals
- Strong interest (as well as, ideally, experience) in sustainability-related topics and management research
- Self-dependent and diligent working style, and a high motivation
- Ability to work in teams as well as openness toward new topics and projects
- Strong communication skills as well as very good command of the English language (written and spoken)
- First experiences in university teaching (e.g., as tutor), quantitative and/or qualitative research methods, or project management are an additional asset
- The opportunity to work on exciting and meaningful questions in close collaboration with the head of chair
- The possibility to contribute to important public debates as well as the solution of pressing ecological and societal problems
- A pleasant, dynamic research environment within a renowned and internationally very well connected research group
- The potential for professional and personal development and learning during a PhD or Postdoc through excellent supervision and individual mentoring
- The possibility to exchange ideas with other researchers within one of Germany's leading universities in the field of sustainability-oriented management and economic research
The Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg is committed to increasing the proportion of women in research. We therefore expressly invite women to apply. According to § 21 Para. 3 NHG, women will be given preference if equally qualified. Equally qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
Your application documents should include a letter of motivation, your CV, copies of certificates or diplomas (including transcript of records), as well as a writing sample (e.g., Master or seminar thesis, preferably in English). Please send your package, preferably via email as a single PDF file, no later than 31 March 2019 to Dr. Joern Hoppmann (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via postal mail to Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Faculty II, Department of Business Administration, Economics, and Law, Dr. Joern Hoppmann, 26111 Oldenburg. Dr. Hoppmann will also be happy to answer questions regarding the planned research projects. Please note that application and travel costs will not be covered. We look forward to receiving your application!