Advertisement for SCARE-2
The Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Germany, offers
one Research Position for a PhD Candidate (m/f/d)
in the second phase of the Computer Science Research Training Group
"SCARE -- System Correctness under Adverse Conditions"
The position is available as soon as possible and funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG GRK 1765/2) until September 30, 2021. The position is suitable for part-time work.
SCARE addresses computerized systems cooperating with their environment. System correctness requires that this cooperation satisfies desired behavioral properties. SCARE investigates system correctness under adverse, only partially predictable conditions, which can influence the behavior of the system, the system context, and the assumptions made for verifying correctness. SCARE considers three aspects of adverse conditions, both individually and in their combination: limited knowledge, unpredictable behavior, changing system environment and system structure. SCARE aims at notions of system correctness that guarantee robustness of the system behavior under such adverse conditions.
For the doctorand SCARE offers:
- a salary in the public sector pay scale E13 TV-L
- (amounts to over 2,000 Euro per month after deduction of taxes)
- a research position enabling the doctorand to concentrate on the PhD project;
- a cooperative and supportive research environment;
- supervision by two expert professors;
- support for traveling to conferences and visits of foreign research institutes;
- regular visits of invited guest researchers;
- a full spectrum of opportunities for knowledge acquisition; support for equal opportunities in science.
Successful applicants for the research program should have an excellent Master's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a closely related discipline like Mathematics, fluency in English, and an interest in exploring new notions of system correctness. To this end, we expect skills in developing or applying formal methods.
We invite applications for the offered position by May 31, 2019.
An application must comprise
- a CV with a photograph;
- a detailed statement of interest in SCARE referring explicitly to one or two of the correctness issues stated on the web page http://scare.uni-oldenburg.de under the heading "SCARE-2 from 2017 to 2021";
- transcripts of the records summarizing the candidate's academic performance, and names of two references
as four separate PDF documents and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org/pdme by May 31, 2019.
The Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg seeks to increase the proportion of women in science. Therefore, women are strongly encouraged to apply for the offered positions. According to §21,3 NHG (the law governing universities in the German state of Lower Saxony) female applicants with equal qualification will be preferred. Applicants with disabilities will be preferentially considered in case of equal qualification.
- Qualitätsmanager für die Abteilung Hochschulgastronomie (w/m/d)