The Language Centre at the School of Linguistics and Cultural Studies seeks to appoint a
Teaching Position (m/f/d)
(Salary Group 13 TV-L)
English for Academic Purposes
starting on 01.09.2019 for 75% of the regular working hours, on a contract of indefinite duration.
The teacher will be responsible for teaching 14 hours (Lehrveranstaltungsstunden) of practical modules in the English section of the university's Language Centre. The Language Centre offers a varied programme of English courses to all members of the University. The focus of this programme is English for academic purposes. The teacher will be responsible for teaching modules of English for Academic Purposes, evaluating the teaching programme and further developing it in cooperation with the coordinator of the English programme. The Language Centre's programmes connect with levels B2 and C1 of the programme english+ for young researchers.
- Teaching requirement of 14 hours (LVS) in English for Academic and/or Specific Purposes / English for University Studies, at the Language Centre;
- Planning and implementation of courses in consultation with the university lecturers in the relevant subjects, the head of the Language Centre and the coordinator of the English programme;
- Development and evaluation of teaching and testing materials for the English programme in consultation with the coordinator for English;
- Counselling students, before and during courses;
- Cooperation with university institutions (Examination Office, Schools, research groups and staff training programme);
- Involvement in the recruitment and professional didactic supervision of English teachers.
- A university degree in English (with a focus on British or North American usage)/TEFL/TESOL or another foreign language, with a focus on language teaching;
- Native speaker proficiency (C2) in English. Knowledge of another foreign language is desirable;
- Several years of experience teaching English to adults at university level;
- Mastery of modern media, examination systems, and forms of presentation;
- Relevant knowledge of the German system of higher education (Bologna process);
- Relevant teaching experience at a German university;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and aptitude for team work.
- Knowledge of German (B1+) and a willingness to enhance this knowledge;
- Experience in working with learning platforms (such as StudIP or moodle) and language learning software;
- Willingness to contribute to administrative work at the Language Centre, especially the English section;
- Ability to work in international teams.
Good computer skills are expected. Certification as a user of relevant international academic testing formats as well as work experience outside the German university system would be considered advantageous.
As the University of Oldenburg is committed to increasing the participation of women in academia and research, applications from women will be particularly welcome. In accordance with section 21 paragraph 3 of the Lower Saxony Education Act (NHG), female applicants will have priority in the event of equivalent qualifications. The same applies to applicants with special needs.
Your application should be submitted together with the relevant documents (transcripts and certificates) as well as a short description of your views on language teaching at a university by 02.06.2019 preferably by email (one PDF file) to email@example.com or by regular mail to Dr Maike Engelhardt, Sprachenzentrum, Fakultät III, Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, 26111 Oldenburg. You are welcome to send any questions you may have by email.
Please note that the documents you send with your application will not be returned. You should therefore not send original documents or folders.
For the legally binding German version of this advertisement, please see https://uol.de/stellen/66643.
- Qualitätsmanager für die Abteilung Hochschulgastronomie (w/m/d)