The Department of Computing Science in Faculty II of the University of Oldenburg is seeking to fill a position as
Research Scientist (m/f/d)
(salary according to TV-L E 13, 100%)
The position can also be filled part-time. It is available immediately. Initial contract duration is restricted to 30th September 2021; assuming availability of matching follow-up projects/funds, it can be extended.
The position is located within the project Step-UP!CPS, funded by the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research. In cooperation with high profile academic partners (OFFIS, Oldenburg; KIT and FZI, Karlsruhe; DLR, Braunschweig; SafeTRANS, Oldenburg) and in cooperation with key industry organizations, researchers from the University of Oldenburg under the supervision of Prof. Werner Damm, Prof. Martin Fränzle, Prof. Axel Hahn, and Prof. Frank Köster are looking into safety and security issues for modular updates of highly automated cars. Relevant research questions addressed in the project are, amongst others:
- What are appropriate (hardware and software) architectures that allow modular on-line updates (i.e., the introduction of new or improved functionality into cars during their whole lifetime)?
- How can we guarantee safety of these updates, especially considering the multitude of variants of existing cars? Which properties of the hardware/software architecture support these safety cases, which are problematic?
- How can we guarantee security of the update process?
Candidates are required to have an academic university degree (Master or equivalent) in computer science or a related topic. Candidates with the following background will be preferred:
- Excellent knowledge in at least one of the following topics: System architectures of highly automated cars; validation, verification, and test of highly automated cars.
- Good knowledge in at least one of the following topics: Formal languages, formal methods in computer science, security, systems engineering, model-based development and corresponding methods.
- A desire to pursue a PhD degree or further academic degree (e.g. venia legendi or similar).
- Ability to work in (interdisciplinary) teams, good command of the English language.
The Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg is dedicated to increasing the percentage of women in science. Therefore, for this position, equally qualified female candidates will be given preference. Applicants with disabilities will be given priority in case of equal qualification.
Please send your application with the usual documents (at least: CV and copies of your degrees including grades) to Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Fakultät II, Jürgen Niehaus, 26111 Oldenburg, Germany, or electronically in a single pdf file without any kind of access restrictions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application by email is preferred. The application deadline is 04.08.2019.