The European Medical School is a cooperation of Oldenburg University with its cooperating hospitals and the University of Groningen with its University Hospital UMCG. Beyond their cooperation in the development of a medical school the institutions also develop shared research activities. In the Department of Human Medicine at the Departments for Cardiology and Experimental Anesthesiology up to two positions are offered as
Senior PostDoc (Habilitationsstelle, m/f/d)
Salary level E14 TV-L, 100%
for three years. The position can be filled in part time.
Using a translational approach, the groups address scientific questions pertaining to inflammatory responses to stressors with a particular focus on the cardiovascular system. In vitro and in vivo preclinical models are used as much as samples from registries and clinical studies to gain insight in pathophysiology and mechanisms of diseases related to the cardiovascular system. Our group is devoted to publish our results in the finest journals we can reach and to largely finance our work through grant money. The task of the colleague will be to develop his/her own projects related to cardiovascular medicine.
Prerequisite for the position is the successful completion of an academic university degree (master or equivalent) and a PhD with distinction in (veterinary) medicine, physiology, biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or a neighboring discipline with a focus on immunology, cardiovascular disease or inflammation. In addition, broad experience in patient-oriented basic science is required, which is reflected by a relevant doctorate and publications. Furthermore, a visible track record in vascular biology and ideally atherosclerosis research along with leadership experience or formal leadership training is expected.
- Experience in all fields of cell biology
- and reclinical in vivo models in small rodents and desirably large animals (e. g. pigs)
- and General molecular biology and protein biochemistry
- and Curricular development in university and non-university teaching
- Excellent competencies in English
- Basic knowledge in Dutch and German or the willingness to acquire these skills will be helpful
We are looking for a personality that impresses with team spirit as well as independent, diligent and highly motivated work for the team.
What you can expect:
- Possibility to develop largely independent research activities
- Opportunity to complete the lecturer qualification (Habilitation)
- Membership in a dynamic interdisciplinary team
- Direct working contacts with our cooperation partners in The Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium and the USA
The University of Oldenburg is dedicated to increase the percentage of female employees in the field of science. Therefore, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. According to § 21, NHG female applicants are to be preferably considered in case of equal qualification.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in case of equal qualification.
Please send your application (indicating "Senior PostDoc") including an academic CV, full publication list and the name and contact details of three references as one consolidated file (pdf) to pe
/email@example.com until 15.10.2019. Please contact us with any questions.