The European Medical School is a cooperation of Oldenburg University with its cooperating hospitals and the University of Groningen with its University Hospital UMCG. Beyond their cooperation in the development of a medical school the institutions also develop shared research activities. In the Department of Human Medicine at the Department for Cardiology one position is offered as
Research Associate (PostDoc, m/f/d)
Salary level E13 TV-L, 100 %
for three years. The position can be filled in part time.
Using a translational approach, the group addresses scientific questions with a particular focus on the cardiovascular system. In vitro and in vivo preclinical models are used as much as samples from registries and clinical studies to gain insight in pathophysiology and mechanisms of diseases related to the cardiovascular system. Our group is devoted to publish our results in the finest journals we can reach and to largely finance our work through grant money. The task of the colleague will be to develop his/her own projects related to cardiovascular medicine.
Prerequisite for the position is the successful completion of an academic university degree (Master or equivalent) and a PhD with distinction in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or a neighboring discipline with a focus on cardiovascular disease or inflammation. In addition, experience in patient-oriented basic science is required, which is reflected by a relevant doctorate and publications.
- Experience in all fields of cell biology
- and preclinical in vivo models in small rodents and desirably large animals (e. g. pigs)
- and general molecular biology and protein biochemistry
- Excellent competencies in English
- Basic knowledge in Dutch and German or the willingness to acquire these skills will be helpful
We are looking for a personality that impresses with team spirit as well as independent, diligent and highly motivated work for the team.
What you can expect:
- Possibility to start independent research activities
- Opportunity to complete the lecturer qualification (Habilitation)
- Membership in a dynamic interdisciplinary team
- Direct working contacts with our cooperation partners in The Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium and the USA
The University of Oldenburg is dedicated to increase the percentage of female employees in the field of science. Therefore, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. According to § 21, 3 NHG female applicants are to be preferably considered in case of equal qualification.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in case of equal qualification.
Please send your application (indicating "PostDoc") including an academic CV, full publication list and the name and contact details of three references as one consolidated file (pdf) to email@example.com until 15.10.2019. Please contact us with any questions.