The Department of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at the University of Oldenburg is seeking to fill the position of a
PhD Student (m/f/d)
in the Division of Computational Neuroscience. The position is available for three years, starting in early 2020 (exact starting date is negotiable). Salary will be in accordance to TV-L E13 (65%).
The student will be actively involved in physiological modeling projects of auditory functions and dysfunctions in lab animals, to investigate the fundamental mechanisms of acoustic information processing along the peripheral and central nervous system. The research projects will be carried out in close collaboration with Prof. Dr. Jutta Kretzberg and Dr. Go Ashida. Interactions with other auditory research groups in the Department of Neuroscience and the Cluster of Excellence "Hearing4all" are also expected. The tasks of the position include teaching assistance (2 SWS) in a statistics course (bachelor level) and a Matlab programming course (bachelor or master level).
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate who has
- (or is going to obtain by the starting date) an academic university degree (Master or equivalent) in neuroscience, or a related field,
- sound knowledge and experience in auditory neuroscience,
- sound knowledge and experience in computational neuroscience and neuronal modeling,
- teaching experience in statistics and Matlab programming,
- proven communication skills in English and German,
- experience with interdisciplinary teamwork, and openness towards a broad range of neuroscience topics
The University of Oldenburg is dedicated to increasing the percentage of female employees in the field of science. Therefore, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with § 21(3) NHG, equally qualified female candidates will be considered preferentially. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in case of equal qualification.
Please send your application (preferably by email with a single PDF file attached) including
- a letter of motivation,
- one-page summary of previous study and teaching experience, and
- copies of certificates,
to Prof. Dr. Jutta Kretzberg (email@example.com), Department of Neuroscience, University of Oldenburg, Carl-von-Ossietzky-Str. 9-11, 26129 Oldenburg. Prof. Kretzberg can be contacted for further questions regarding the position. The application deadline is December 15, 2019.