The University of Oldenburg's Institute for Social Sciences, Professorship for Organisation and Innovation (Prof. Dr. Jannika Mattes) is offering for the duration of three years a position as
Doctoral Researcher (m/f/d),
0.65 full-time equivalent, payment group 13 of the General Framework Agreement on Public Services in the Federal States of Germany (TV-L).
This PhD position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to write her/his PhD thesis.
We are an interdisciplinary research group with a focus on organizational and social innovation and seek to strengthen our team.
- an above-average academic degree (diploma or master) in a relevant field of social sciences,
- knowledge in organizational innovation research, e.g. technical sociology, organizational sociology, STS, or socio-scientific innovation research,
- a self-reliant, goal- and result-oriented work mode and scientific mindset,
- the ability to work in a team,
- good knowledge of qualitative social research,
- proficiency of English. Knowledge of the German language is also expected; the candidate should at least be willing to learn German.
The successful applicant will work in the project "Use Cases and Architecture Models in the context of innovation processes of ACPS" and closely cooperate with a doctorate student from the department of information technology. The project takes place in the context of the cross-faculty research training group "Social Embeddedness of Autonomous Cyber Physical Systems" (focus energy). This project aims to analyse the cooperation in the development of smart grid/smart city projects, especially reflecting the role of applied architecture models. For the planned analysis, the successful candidate will also conduct a qualitative empirical case study on the basis of expert interviews.
- academic work on a contemporary issue with individual supervision and tutoring,
- multiple possibilities for academic and personal trainings,
- collaboration in an interdisciplinary team.
The position is to be as soon as possible. Information on the working group can be found at www.uol.de/orginn; for information about the graduate school, please visit https://uol.de/seas. For further questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Jannika Mattes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
N.B. The German version of this advertisement, which is legally binding, may be found at www.uol.de/stellen/67119. This English version is for information only.
The University of Oldenburg is an equal opportunities employer. According to § 21 para. 3 of the Legislation Governing Higher Education in Lower Saxony (NHG) preference shall be given to female candidates in cases of equal qualification. The same applies to persons with disabilities.
Please send your application (letter of motivation, CV, certified copies of grades and degrees) including a scientific writing sample (e.g. bachelor or master thesis or term paper) preferably electronically and in a single pdf document, to Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Fakultät I - Bildungs- und Sozialwissenschaften, Institut für Sozialwissenschaften, email@example.com/hbme5+ct, or by letter to Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Fakultät I, Institut für Sozialwissenschaften, Prof. Dr. Jannika Mattes, Ammerländer Heerstr. 114 - 118, 26129 Oldenburg. Documents can only be returned if a prepaid envelope is enclosed. Please do not submit any original documents.
The closing date for applications is 23.02.2020.