Die Universität Oldenburg engagiert sich für Gleichstellung, Diversität, Inklusion und die Vereinbarkeit von Familie und Beruf. Sie ist Unterzeichnerin der Charta der Vielfalt und seit 2004 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert. Wir begrüßen Bewerbungen von Menschen aller Nationalitäten, ethnischer und sozialer Herkünfte, Religionen, geschlechtlicher Identitäten, sexueller Orientierungen und Altersstufen.
The Institute for Biology and Environmental Science at the University of Oldenburg is looking for a talented and highly motivated
postdoctoral research associate (m/f/d)
Our lab addresses various questions of plant stress physiology and RNA-dependent gene regulation. Further details can be found on our homepage (lablaubinger.eu) or in our recent publications (Szabo et al., 2020, The Plant Cell; Speth et al., 2018 eLife; de Francisco Amorim et al., 2018, The Plant Cell). The applicant is expected to contribute to the research focus of the lab and to establish her/his own research focus. Details will be discussed with the applicant during the interview. The position is available immediately.
- Qualifying Master degree or equivalent university diploma in biology or related subject
- A successful PhD focusing on bioinformatics or molecular plant sciences documented by peer-reviewed publications or pre-prints
- Expertise in bioinformatics, molecular biology and/or genetics
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to teach undergraduates
- Willingness to apply for competitive grants
- Good communication skills in English
- A E13 TV-L / 100% (according to the General Framework Agreement on Public Services in the Federal States of Germany), initially for three years, with the possibility to develop your own research focus and qualify for an academic career (Habilitation).
- A stimulating and supportive research environment including weekly lab meetings and one on one discussions, development of a career plan
How to apply?
Please send your application including
- A detailed CV including a list of publications
- A motivation letter and research plan
- Names and contact details of two referees
- Copies of certificates
as a single PDF document to (preferred) or as a mail to University of Oldenburg, Faculty V, Institute for Biology and Environmental Science, Sascha Laubinger, 26111 Oldenburg, Germany. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews. The application deadline is 10th of August 2021. If you have any questions regarding this job offer, the intended project or if you have suggestions for projects, please feel free to contact us ().
The University of Oldenburg is dedicated to increase the percentage of female employees in the field of science. Therefore, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance to § 21 Section 3 NHG, female candidates with equal qualifications will be preferentially considered. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in case of equal qualification. The position is suitable for part-time employment.