Die Universität Oldenburg engagiert sich für Gleichstellung, Diversität, Inklusion und die Vereinbarkeit von Familie und Beruf. Sie ist Unterzeichnerin der Charta der Vielfalt und seit 2004 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert. Wir begrüßen Bewerbungen von Menschen aller Nationalitäten, ethnischer und sozialer Herkünfte, Religionen, geschlechtlicher Identitäten, sexueller Orientierungen und Altersstufen.
Stellenausschreibung / Job advertisement
Research Associate (m/f/d)
with the focus on "Automation of robotic handling at nanoscale"
The position is 50% time, pay rate E13 TV-L, for 3 years, with the possibility of extension.
Our Divisionss research activities focus on robotic automation for manipulation and characterization of nanomaterials. The research work covers a broad range of related topics, including a.o. vision-guided robotic automation, image processing in the scanning electron microscope (SEM), and robot-based nanofabrication. Several unique robotic setups for automated handling at nanoscale are in operation in the Division for different applications.
The focus of your research work is on vision-guided automation of robotic manipulation, characterization and assembly of nanoscale objects, especially inside SEM. In addition to conventional techniques of image-guided automation including object recognition and object tracking, novel approaches based on machine learning may be addressed. Our current projects include manipulation and assembly of nanoparticles and nanowires for MEMS/NEMS applications.
- Above-average academic university degree, preferably in automation or computing science at master level
- Experience with programing languages (C++/C, Python, MATLAB)
- Expertise on automation skills (specifically vision-guided automation)
- Experience with experimental laboratory setups and hardware-software interfacing
- Very good command of English language
- Good command of German language (desirable)
- Engagement in teaching courses of the Department (2 LVS per semester)
- Experience with SEM (desirable)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Unique laboratory infrastructure for research in automated robotic handling at nanoscale
- An experienced interdisciplinary team that works on adjacent topics and is highly visible in related international research communities
- Excellent opportunities for professional development towards cutting edge research
- Gathering hands-on experience with the worlds most advanced nanorobotic systems
- Intellectual freedom to explore and implement new approaches
- Strong involvement in project cooperation with international and national partners, both from industry and research
- Regular participation in international research conferences is possible and desired.
The University of Oldenburg is an equal opportunities employer. According to § 21 para. 3 of the Legislation Governing Higher Education in Lower Saxony (NHG) preference shall be given to female candidates in cases of equal qualification. The same applies to persons with disabilities.
Please send your application (letter of motivation, CV, certified copies of degrees, references, list of publications) by email in a single pdf document with the keyword Automation to Prof. Dr. habil. S. Fatikow , CC to and . The closing date for applications is 06.07.2022.