Die Universität Oldenburg engagiert sich für Gleichstellung, Diversität, Inklusion und die Vereinbarkeit von Familie und Beruf. Sie ist Unterzeichnerin der Charta der Vielfalt und seit 2004 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert. Wir begrüßen Bewerbungen von Menschen aller Nationalitäten, ethnischer und sozialer Herkünfte, Religionen, geschlechtlicher Identitäten, sexueller Orientierungen und Altersstufen.
Stellenausschreibung / Job advertisement
The Division Microrobotics and Control Engineering (Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. S. Fatikow), Department of Computing Science of the University of Oldenburg invites applications for a
Postdoctoral Research Associate (m/f/d)
with the focus on "Nanomaterial characterization in the scanning electron microscope"
The position is full time (100%), pay rate E13 TV-L, for 3 years, with the possibility of extension.
Our Divisions´s research activities focus on robotic automation for manipulation and characterization of nanomaterials. The research work covers a broad range of related topics, including a.o. vision-guided robotic automation, image processing in the scanning electron microscope (SEM), and robot-based nanomanipulation. Several unique robotic setups for automated handling at nanoscale are in operation in the Division for different applications.
Within the scope of the advertised position is the optimization, further development, and automation of a contact angle measurement technique based on liquid metals in the scanning electron microscope. This technique should be used to perform contact angle measurements at nanoscale to investigate the contact mechanics and forces between liquid droplets and few/single asperities as well as the influence of the contact line tension on the contact angle. This experimental work should be supported by simulation (Molecular Dynamics (MD)).
- Above-average academic university degree and a PhD degree, preferably in the field of experimental surface physics or contact mechanics
- Experience with mechanical characterization at nanoscale
- Experience with SEM
- Expertise in automation (specifically vision-guided automation)
- Very good command of English language
- Good command of German language, at least at C1 level
- Experience with techniques based on liquid metals (desirable)
- Experience with programing languages (C++/C, Python, MATLAB) (desirable)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Unique laboratory infrastructure for research in automated robotic handling at nanoscale
- An experienced interdisciplinary team that works on adjacent topics and is highly visible in related international research communities
- Excellent opportunities for professional development towards cutting edge research
- Gathering hands-on experience with the world`s most advanced nanorobotic systems
- Intellectual freedom to explore and implement new approaches
- Strong involvement in project cooperation with international and national partners, both from industry and research
- Regular participation in international research conferences is possible and desired
The University of Oldenburg is an equal opportunities employer. According to § 21 para. 3 of the Legislation Governing Higher Education in Lower Saxony (NHG) preference shall be given to female candidates in cases of equal qualification. The same applies to persons with disabilities.
Please send your application (letter of motivation, CV, certified copies of degrees, references, list of publications) by email in a single pdf document with the keyword "Nanocharacterization" to Prof. Dr. habil. S. Fatikow , CC to . The closing date for applications is 10.07.2022.