Die Universität Oldenburg engagiert sich für Gleichstellung, Diversität, Inklusion und die Vereinbarkeit von Familie und Beruf. Sie ist Unterzeichnerin der Charta der Vielfalt und seit 2004 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert. Wir begrüßen Bewerbungen von Menschen aller Nationalitäten, ethnischer und sozialer Herkünfte, Religionen, geschlechtlicher Identitäten, sexueller Orientierungen und Altersstufen.
Stellenausschreibung / Job advertisement
At the University Clinic of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (Prof. Dr. Eduard Malik, Department of Human Medicine, University of Oldenburg), a temporary position as
Research associate/Post-Doc (m/f/d)
(E13 TV-L, 80%)
is available at the next possible date for three years. The accomplishment of habilitation is possible. Until 2023 the place of work will be Wilhelmshaven, afterwards Oldenburg.
Within our research focus, the immunological regulation of preeclampsia, we want to investigate the cause, the consequences and better possibilities of early diagnosis of this disease. For that we want to measure the expression of possible marker, characterize tissue and immune cells of mother and child in more detail and analyse exosomes as possible biomarker.
- Cell biological tasks (e.g. isolation of trophoblasts and immune cells of placenta, blood and cord blood, flow cytometry)
- Molecular biological tasks (e.g. isolation of RNA and DNA from tissue and cells, qRT-PCR, Elisa, Co-IP, Western Blot)
- Histological tasks (preparation of tissue samples and tissue sections for immunohistochemistry)
- Isolation of exosomes and analysis of possible biomarker
- The scientific work includes mentoring of the research focus from concept and development until publication and presentation of results
- Mentoring of students and PhDs, in addition teaching
- Obtaining of external funding (e.g. intramural research pool)
- Completed academic university degree (Master or equivalent) in Biology, Biomedicine, Life Sciences or in a comparable discipline, as well as a completed doctorate
- Advanced knowledge in immunology, biochemistry, cell biology and molecular biology
- Broad knowledge in flow cytometry, cell culture, qRT-PCR and with exosomes are desirable
- Very good English skills, German skills are expected (B1 level)
- High engagement, capacity for teamwork, organisational talent and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to prepare, present and publish scientific data
- A versatile and challenging position in a dynamic, interdisciplinary and motivated team
- A responsible position with the possibility of developing your own research focus
- Possibility of active participation in building our research unit
- Support of your habilitation
- Participation in innovative projects in fundamental research and in clinical-translational research
The University Oldenburg aims to increase the proportion of women in the scientific field. Therefore, women are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with Lower Saxony regulations (§ 21 Section 3 NHG) female candidates with equal qualifications will be preferentially considered. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in case of equal qualification.
Please send your application (description of your motivation, curriculum vitae, certificates etc.) via E-mail () in a single pdf-file until 30th September 2022 or to Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Fakultät VI - Medizin und Gesundheitswissenschaften, Universitätsklinik für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe, Prof. Dr. Eduard Malik, Rahel-Straus-Straße 10, 26133 Oldenburg.
If you are interested or have questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Eduard Malik ().