Die Universität Oldenburg engagiert sich für Gleichstellung, Diversität, Inklusion und die Vereinbarkeit von Familie und Beruf. Sie ist Unterzeichnerin der Charta der Vielfalt und seit 2004 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert. Wir begrüßen Bewerbungen von Menschen aller Nationalitäten, ethnischer und sozialer Herkünfte, Religionen, geschlechtlicher Identitäten, sexueller Orientierungen und Altersstufen.
Stellenausschreibung / Job advertisement
The Division Microrobotics and Control Engineering (Head: Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. S. Fatikow), Department of Computing Science of the University of Oldenburg invites applications for a
with the focus on "Microwave sensing, characterization and passive components"
The position is 2/3 time, pay rate E13 TV-L, for 3 years, with the possibility of extension and working towards a PhD degree.
Our Division‘s research activities focus on robotic automation for manipulation and characterization of nanomaterials. The research work covers a broad range of topics, including scanning microwave microscopy, characterization of nanomaterials, exploitation of innovative properties of nanomaterials for designing state-of-art microwave components. Several unique robotic setups for automated handling at nanoscale are in operation in the Division for applications ranging from life sciences to communication.
The focus of your research work is in microwave engineering. You are engaged in research on analytical methods for quantitative characterization of nanomaterials and DUT‘s by applying high-frequency electromagnetic waves. You are involved in cross-disciplinary research in the fields of nanoelectronics and biological applications, in cooperation with partners from research and industry.
- Aacademic university degree, preferably in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Physics at master level
- Theoretical understanding of electromagnetics.
- Very good command of English language and good technical writing skills.
- Experience in the design of microwave components (filters, antennas etc.) analytically and by FEM tools (HFSS/CST).
- Experience with microwave measurements by using VNA.
- Experience with experimental laboratory setups and hardware-software interfacing
- Good command of German language (desirable)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Unique laboratory infrastructure for research in automated robotic handling at nanoscale
- An experienced interdisciplinary team that works on adjacent topics and is highly visible in related international research communities
- Excellent opportunities for professional development towards cutting edge research
- Gathering hands-on experience with the world’s most advanced nanorobotic systems
- Intellectual freedom to explore and implement new approaches
- Strong involvement in project cooperation with international and national partners, both from industry and research
- Regular participation in international research conferences is possible and desired.
The University of Oldenburg is an equal opportunities employer. According to § 21 para. 3 of the Legislation Governing Higher Education in Lower Saxony (NHG) preference shall be given to female candidates in cases of equal qualification. The same applies to persons with disabilities.
Please send your application (letter of motivation, CV, certified copies of degrees, references, list of publications) by email in a single pdf document with the keyword "Microwave" to Prof. Dr. habil. S. Fatikow , CC to and . The closing date for applications is 30.09.2022.