Die Universität Oldenburg engagiert sich für Gleichstellung, Diversität, Inklusion und die Vereinbarkeit von Familie und Beruf. Sie ist Unterzeichnerin der Charta der Vielfalt und seit 2004 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert. Wir begrüßen Bewerbungen von Menschen aller Nationalitäten, ethnischer und sozialer Herkünfte, Religionen, geschlechtlicher Identitäten, sexueller Orientierungen und Altersstufen.
Stellenausschreibung / Job advertisement
The Institute of Protestant Theology and Religious Education at the School of Humanities and Social Sciences seeks applications for a
Professorship in Protestant Theology with a Focus on
New Testament studies
salary scale W2 (m/f/x)
commencing as soon as possible.
The Institute offers the whole spectrum of the study of theology for religious education and a subject master "Ecumenics and Religions". The theological research can be described overarchingly by an international, ecumenical and intercultural orientation. The common focus "Religion and Culture - Ecumenism and Interreligious Theology" bundles the research activities and perspectives of the institute.
It is required that applicants cover the breadth of the discipline in its classic areas in research and teaching (history of religion, literary history of the bible, theology of the New Testament, history of Early Christianity, and hermeneutics). A focus in the history of religion of the New Testament and early Judaism as well as in New Testament hermeneutics and New Testament theology is required.
- teaching the subject in its entire breadth
- teaching in all BA/MA programmes as well as in the MA programme "Ecumenism and Religions"
- research in accordance with the focal points of the Institute, the Faculty and the University, especially the focal point "Religion and Culture - Ecumenism and Interreligious Theology" and "Diversity and Participation"
- collaboration in the international cooperation projects of the institute.
- excellent knowledge and independent research results in the field of New Testament studies, as evidenced by publications
- the pedagogical-didactic ability to convey this knowledge in teaching at the university level
- the proven ability to raise third-party funds
- experience in interdisciplinary and international cooperation
As the University of Oldenburg and the University of Bremen are bound by a cooperation agreement, active participation in the cooperation is expected. Membership in an Evangelical Church (Working Committee of Christian Churches in Germany - ACK) is a prerequisite for appointment
Prerequisites for employment are specified in section 25 of the Lower Saxony Higher Education Act (NHG).
The University aims to increase its proportion of female professors and strongly encourages female scholars to apply. Equally qualified female candidates will be considered preferentially. In case of equal aptitude, applicants with disabilities will be given priority in hiring decisions. The position is suitable for part-time employment.
Applications including a curriculum vitae, certification of denominational affiliation, certificates, a list of publications, an account of present and previous third-party funded research activities focussing on the last five years, a research concept, a list of courses taught and formal presentations given as well as the completed profile sheet for appointment procedures () are to be submitted, preferably as a consolidated PDF file, by 21.10.2022 to the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, attn: the Dean, Prof. Dr. Dagmar Freist, 26111 Oldenburg, e-mail to .