Die Universität Oldenburg engagiert sich für Gleichstellung, Diversität, Inklusion und die Vereinbarkeit von Familie und Beruf. Sie ist Unterzeichnerin der Charta der Vielfalt und seit 2004 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert. Wir begrüßen Bewerbungen von Menschen aller Nationalitäten, ethnischer und sozialer Herkünfte, Religionen, geschlechtlicher Identitäten, sexueller Orientierungen und Altersstufen.
Stellenausschreibung / Job advertisement
The Digitalized Energy Systems Group (Prof. Dr.-Ing. Astrid Nieße), Department of Computing Science of the University of Oldenburg invites applications for a
Research associate (PhD Student) (m/f/d)
The position is full time (100 %), pay rate E13 TV-L, DFG-funded, for a period of three years with the possibility of extension until February 29, 2028. The position is suitable for part-time work.
Many new approaches are being developed in energy systems using machine learning methods. But where does this data actually come from? How can it be found, easily integrated, and how can I assure the quality of this data?
With the national research data infrastructure for interdisciplinary energy system research, we want to build a platform to make research data for energy research FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable).
- You deal with different services around research data in energy system research.
- You coordinate the different activities of our research partners to enable services for energy researchers.
- Based on semantic technologies, e.g. ontologies, you will further develop existing approaches together with project partners.
- You have successfully completed a relevant scientific university degree (Master or Diploma) in computer science / business informatics or a computer science-related field.
- You are interested in doing a PhD, independent scientific work, publishing and presenting scientific results, and collaborating with scientific partners.
- You have a very good knowledge of English (language level B2 or better) for scientific discussions.
- You can program object-oriented in high-level languages (e.g. Python, Java, C#, ...).
- You like to work your way into existing (open source) software.
- You are curious and like to learn new topics and technologies in computer science and research data management independently.
What we offer:
- You can look forward to a working environment that is very pleasant in human terms and extremely exciting in technical terms.
- We actively support you in your further professional and scientific qualification. The project offers the opportunity to work on a doctoral thesis.
- Compatibility of career and family are important to us - we support this with flexible working hours, part-time options and home office.
- Tolerance, openness, and equal opportunities for people of all genders (m/f/d) are important to us.
of Oldenburg is an equal opportunities employer. According to § 21 para. 3 of
the Legislation Governing Higher Education in Lower Saxony (NHG) preference
shall be given to female candidates in cases of equal qualification.
The same applies to persons with disabilities.
Please send your application (letter of motivation, CV, certified copies of degrees, references, list of publications) by email in a single pdf document to Prof. Dr.-Ing. Astrid Nieße . The closing date for applications is 31.03.2023.