Die Universität Oldenburg engagiert sich für Gleichstellung, Diversität, Inklusion und die Vereinbarkeit von Familie und Beruf. Sie ist Unterzeichnerin der Charta der Vielfalt und seit 2004 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert. Wir begrüßen Bewerbungen von Menschen aller Nationalitäten, ethnischer und sozialer Herkünfte, Religionen, geschlechtlicher Identitäten, sexueller Orientierungen und Altersstufen.
Stellenausschreibung / Job advertisement
Within the junior research group "Attosecond Microscopy" (Dr. Jan Vogelsang) at the Institute of Physics of the University Oldenburg a
/ research assistant (f/m/d)
(TV-L E13, 65%)
is to be filled as soon as possible. The position is initially limited until 31.07.2025 for the duration of the externally funded project (see below).
Project goal: The aim of this PhD project is to combine the high time resolution of attosecond laser spectroscopy with the high spatial resolution of electron microscopy and to apply it to highly relevant nanosystems in the field of light-matter interaction. By realizing for the first time an experiment with attosecond time resolution on the nanoscale, it will be possible to directly observe charge carriers in nanostructures as they unfold their ultrafast function.
Research environment: The announced PhD project is integrated in the project "Attosecond Charge Carrier Dynamics at Nanoscale Interfaces" funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) within the Emmy Noether Program. Excellent, state-of-the-art equipment in combination with the excellent research environment in Oldenburg, close cooperation with project partners at Lund University (Sweden), and intensive supervision provide the opportunity to conduct highly relevant and internationally widely visible research.
- a scientific university degree (Master's or equivalent) in experimental physics or directly related subjects (must be completed at the time of hiring)
- excellent communication and teamwork skills, very good English skills (written and spoken), interest and ability to learn new areas quickly
- experimental experience in ultrafast physics (atto- to femtosecond) or experimental experience in photoemission electron microscopy or outstanding experimental achievements in nanophysics
Knowledge in the following areas is advantageous:
- time-resolved pump-probe experiments
- semiconductor nanophysics, plasmonics
- set-up and operation of complex experimental set-ups, organizational skills
- programming skills (e.g. Python, Matlab) for instrument control and data analysis
Among other things, we offer:
- brand-new, excellent laboratory equipment
- a medium sized, highly motivated team with intensive exchange
- possibility to conduct highly relevant and internationally visible research
- interdisciplinary, multifaceted research projects in collaboration with other research groups.
The Universität of Oldenburg is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase the proportion of female employees in research. In accordance with Lower Saxony regulations (§ 21 Section 3 NHG) female candidates with equal qualifications will be preferentially considered. Disabled persons with equal qualification will be given preference.
Please send your complete application documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, certificates, list of publications (if any)) by 30.04.2023 quoting the reference number Atto032023 preferably by email in a single PDF file to Dr. Jan Vogelsang (), Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Fakultät V - Institut für Physik, Postfach 5634, 26046 Oldenburg, Germany.