Die Universität Oldenburg engagiert sich für Gleichstellung, Diversität, Inklusion und die Vereinbarkeit von Familie und Beruf. Sie ist Unterzeichnerin der Charta der Vielfalt und seit 2004 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert. Wir begrüßen Bewerbungen von Menschen aller Nationalitäten, ethnischer und sozialer Herkünfte, Religionen, geschlechtlicher Identitäten, sexueller Orientierungen und Altersstufen.
Stellenausschreibung / Job advertisement
Within the junior research group "Attosecond Microscopy" (Dr. Jan Vogelsang) at the Institute of Physics of the University Oldenburg a
/ research assistant (f/m/d)
(TV-L E13, 65%)
is to be filled as soon as possible. The position is initially limited until 30.09.2025 for the duration of the externally funded project (see below).
Project goal: The goal of the announced PhD project is in a first step to establish the generation of attosecond pulses by means of octave-spanning laser pulses shaped in their spectral amplitude, phase and polarization. In a second step, these will be used for photoemission of electrons from gases and nanoscale solids to control charge density distributions on the attosecond time scale.
Research environment: The PhD project is part of the graduate school "DyNano", which is largely funded by the state of Lower Saxony. In the next 3 years, a total of 18 PhD students will work together on topics related to dynamics on the nanoscale. The graduate school is supported by an excellent research environment in Oldenburg, which combines materials research, quantum optics, ultrafast physics, solid state theory and photochemistry in interdisciplinary projects to investigate the fundamental physical mechanisms underlying the spatiotemporal transport of electrons, spins and optical excitations.
- a scientific university degree (Master's or equivalent) in experimental physics or directly related subjects (must be completed at the time of hiring)
- excellent communication and teamwork skills, very good English skills (written and spoken), interest and ability to learn new areas quickly
- experimental experience in ultrafast physics (atto- to femtosecond) or experimental experience in the field of electron spectroscopy or outstanding experimental achievements in nanophysics
Knowledge in the following areas is advantageous:
- time-resolved pump-probe experiments.
- semiconductor nanophysics, plasmonics
- set-up and operation of complex experimental set-ups, organizational skills
- programming skills (e.g. Python, Matlab) for instrument control and data analysis
Among other things, we offer:
- brand-new, excellent laboratory equipment
- a medium sized, highly motivated team with intensive exchange
- possibility to conduct highly relevant and internationally visible research
- interdisciplinary, multifaceted research projects in collaboration with other research groups.
The Universität of Oldenburg is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase the proportion of female employees in research. In accordance with Lower Saxony regulations (§ 21 Section 3 NHG) female candidates with equal qualifications will be preferentially considered. Disabled persons with equal qualification will be given preference.
Please send your complete application documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, certificates, list of publications (if any)) by 30.04.2023 quoting the reference number DyNano032023 preferably by email in a single PDF file to Dr. Jan Vogelsang ( , Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Fakultät V - Institut für Physik, Postfach 5634, 26046 Oldenburg, Germany.