Die hier angezeigten Termine und Veranstaltungen werden dynamisch aus Stud.IP heraus angezeigt.
Daher kontaktieren Sie bei Fragen bitte direkt die Person, die unter dem Punkt Lehrende/DozentIn steht.
- Di., 22.03.2022 17:00 - 20:00
Allergies are a global health burden which affect over 30% of the population of some countries, such as Germany. In this series of workshops will explore the historical aspects associated with the rise in various allergic diseases since the 19th century and the immunological mechanisms which drive allergic inflammation (Workshops 1-2). Furthermore, we shall also explore various therapeutic approaches used in the treatment of allergies and in understanding the mode of action of various anti-allergic drugs (Workshop 2). Finally, we will learn the details of allergic effector cell activation in greater depth in view of understanding new therapeutic approaches currenlty being considered in allergy research (Workshop 3).
At the end of these workshops, year 5 medical students will be able to:
- Explain the immunological mechanisms which drive allergy and allergic inflammation
- Identify the various causes responsible for the rise of various allergic diseases
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of various anti-allerigic drugs and other therapeutic strategies to prevent and treat allergic diseases
- Show an advanced level of understanding of the signal transduction processes that govern the reactivity of major allergic effector cell types and identify various strategies to prevent their activation