Die hier angezeigten Termine und Veranstaltungen werden dynamisch aus Stud.IP heraus angezeigt.
Daher kontaktieren Sie bei Fragen bitte direkt die Person, die unter dem Punkt Lehrende/DozentIn steht.
2.01.813-A Advances in Security and Privacy -
- Donnerstag: 10:15 - 11:45, wöchentlich (13.04.2023 - 13.07.2023)
/// Goals of the course ///
At the end of the course, students will be able to
- analyze the technical merits of specific developments within the field of IT-security,
- substantiate their analyses using existing and scientific documented knowledge,
- clearly write up those analyses in a concise scientific report, and
- further develop an attitude in which being able to clearly explain matters is geared to optimize the quality of feedback.
/// Course contents ///
The course contents consist of studying and assessing a specific topic in the field of IT-security. There will be multiple topics, and each topic is to be tackled by an individual student. Students will be handed out material such as scientific articles to help them understand the topic at hand. Part of the course consists of discovering additional material. Students will dig deep into the selected topic. Students will present their analyses and findings in two ways: in a concise scientific report as well as in a 20 min. presentation, which is followed by a discussion and a round of feedback. In the start of the course, all available topics will be introduced to the students so that they can pick a for them suitable topic.
/// Assessment ///
Students will be assessed on the basis of their written scientific report (high weight), their presentation and consequent discussion (medium to high weight), and the general process (low weight; includes: independence, planning, active involvement, …)
/// Topics ///
- Timely Password Breach Detection using ‘Honeywords’
- Explainable Machine Learning in Security
- Attacks on Searchable Encrypted Databases and Countermeasures
- (Semi-)Automated Security Event Handling in Security Operations Centers
- Post-Quantum Encryption Algorithms
- Interplay of Safety and Security
- Mobile-App Fingerprinting on Encrypted Network Traffic
- Biometric Template Protection
- Automated Extraction of Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures from Cyber Threat Reports
- Your Own Topic
More details and a first academic reference on each topic can be found here: