The University of Oldenburg is committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and the compatibility of family and career. It is a signatory of the Diversity Charter and has been certified as a family-friendly university since 2004. We welcome applications from people of all nationalities, ethnic and social origins, religions, gender identities, sexual orientations and ages.
Stellenausschreibung / Job advertisement
At the Division Distributed Control in Interconnected Systems (Prof. Dr. Andreas Rauh), Department of Computer Science of the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, there is one vacancy as
Doctoral Candidate (m/f/d)
(E 13 TV-L, 100 %)
This post is available immediately, for a fixed term contract, 3 years.
The position is suitable for part-time work.
The position serves as a qualification of junior scientists and offers the possibility to perform research as a doctoral student (PhD candidate).
What you have to do in the Project Learning Techniques for Modeling and Control of Distributed Energy Systems
- Development of novel combinations of data-driven modeling approaches for power electronic converters with techniques for iterative learning control
- Modeling of system components with a variable-structure behavior
- Robustness and stability analysis of data-driven models
- Comparison with equation-based first-principle modeling techniques
- Novel methods for a control design using robust sliding mode approaches, linear matrix inequalities, and interval-based solution techniques
- Robust numerical optimization techniques
- Design and instrumentation of laboratory-scale test rigs for a validation of the developed methods focusing on single- and multi-phase inverter circuits with nonlinear uncertain loads
- Teaching in the areas of robust and nonlinear control as well as control-oriented modeling of dynamic systems to an extent of 4 hours weekly
What you need:
- Masters degree, diploma or equivalent in a research-oriented university study program on computer science, electrical engineering, mechatronics, or mechanical engineering with above-average achievements
- Solid mathematical background with respect to modeling and simulation of dynamic systems
- Affinity to control-oriented software design and modeling
- Solid experience in programming languages such as Matlab, C++, Python
- First experience in the fields of robust and nonlinear control, Kalman filtering, or interval analysis is advantageous
The University of Oldenburg is dedicated to increasing the percentage of female employees in the field of science. Therefore, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with Lower Saxony regulations (§ 21 Section 3 NHG) female candidates with equal qualifications will be preferentially considered.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in case of equal qualification.
Applications can be sent electronically as one PDF () with reference VRivS No 2 and should include a full CV, copies of certificates and two references, and the earliest possible starting date. Applications close 23rd Jan. 2022 (5pm GMT).