The Graduate School for Social Sciences and the Humanities (3GO) is a collective establishment of departments I – IV. Its mission is to make a sustained improvement to the doctoral requirements in the areas of social sciences and the humanities at Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg. 3GO presents an optional opportunity for all doctoral candidates in the participating departments (both single recipients and those recipients already integrated into structured programs) and is interdepartmentally and interdisciplinary structured.
Duties and responsibilities of the graduate school include:
- Provide qualification and advancement measurements for doctoral candidates, ie. in the areas of methods and key qualifications
- Advise and provide networking opportunities for doctoral candidates
- Develop service offerings for doctoral candidates as well as their advisers
- Support doctoral mentoring
- Support internationalization, ie. Advise on foreign exchanges, development opportunities
- Integration of international doctoral candidates
- Support the development, installation and enhancement of structured doctoral programs within the departments
- Support cross-functional collaborations, ie. Graduate course of lectures
- Collaborate in further developing and implementing quality standards
The graduate school shall ensure a top quality, cooperative, interdisciplinary and international aligned advancement of doctoral students at Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg. As a forum for the exchange and further qualification cross-departmentally and interdisciplinary, 3GO accomplishes an optimal environment for the realization of the graduate students’ doctoral plans.
3GO unites the various doctoral programs and graduate colleges and offers the advantages of a partially structured doctoral education, even for the individual doctoral students whose dissertation project is approved and supported by a qualified member of the participating departments.
Welcome to the 3GO!