Course of study
Course of study
English Studies - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme and Spanish (in cooperation with the University of Bremen) - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme
You want to apply for a Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme in English Studies and Spanish (in cooperation with the University of Bremen).
Most important points
- The subject English Studies is admission free.
- The subject Spanish (in cooperation with the University of Bremen) is admission free.
- Therefore you have to apply as it is an open admissions degree course.
- Enrolment for beginning students is possible in winter semester.
- First day of enrolment: June 1st 2020
- Enrolment deadline: October 15th 2020
- Enrolment: Click here
Special admission requirements
International applicants who received their prior education abroad should apply online through uni-assist. For further details see: Application for international students
Proof of a very good command of English:
- At registration with school leaving certificate or diploma with an acceptable grade in English at a higher level (equivalent to the German Abitur with at least 11 points in English at a higher level)
- One of the following international tests:
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 95 points
- TOEFL ITP (Test of English as a Foreign Language, Institutional Testing Program (the test can be performed only at Sprachenzentrum of University of Oldenburg): 587 points
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): 6.5 points
- Cambridge Advanced English-Test / Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE): C
- Cambridge Proficiency English-Test / Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE): C
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): 76 points
- School certificate (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung) from a country with English as the official language. The language of instruction must have been English.
- A university degree from a country with English as the official language. The language of instruction must have been English.
- A university degree in English / American Studies. The language of instruction must have been English.
Certificates or school leaving certificates may not be older than three years, and evidence of language skills must be provided at the time of enrolment.
Important note: the language tests
TOEFL iBT "Special Home Edition": at least 95 points
IELTS Indicator: at least 6.5 points on average
- Website Certificate in advanced English (CAE)
- Website International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Website International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (only at Sprachenzentrum of University of Oldenburg)
- Website TOEFL-Test
- Website TOEFL (ITP) (only at Sprachenzentrum of University of Oldenburg)
Spanish (in cooperation with the University of Bremen)
Proof of language proficiency in Spanish at the B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
For further information on the language skills please visit the University of Bremen
Please have a look at the additional information on the general explanations on the language certificates at the University of Bremen
Fees and tuition
Normal fees and tuition, see more details .
With a university-entry qualification from Germany you need to apply online from June 1st 2020 until October 15th 2020 for the beginning of Wintersemester 2020/2021.
For the online application please have your personal data and your university-entry qualification from Germany on hand.
At the end of the online application you get the document Bewerbungsantrag to print out. Please send this document signed with all other mentioned documents to the University of Oldenburg.
Your documents need to be at the University of Oldenburg until October 15th 2020.
All applicants, who fulfill the admission requirements, will get a study place.