- Montag: 14:00 - 16:00, wöchentlich (17.10.2016 - 30.01.2017)
This practical course has three distinct aims.
* To raise awareness of the different issues involved in error correction, including error types and criteria for judging linguistic accuracy.
* To introduce students to various strategies, techniques and resources for correcting both written and spoken English in a classroom situation
* To provide both practice at and feedback on practical error correction. Each student will evaluate and correct at least one written and one spoken language task, to be followed by a discussion of relevant didactic and linguistic issues
Ideally, students will also work on correcting errors in their own language use as well.
* * *
This course is most suitable for students in MEd programmes who will go on to teach slightly older learners (the focus on writing is not really appropriate for primary schools), although all students are welcome. It is also possible to complete assignments with a more general language focus for those who do not intend become school teachers, although again, this is not the main focus of the course.
- ang702 English Language Teaching
- ang900 English Skills for Proficiency