MA Sports and Lifestyle
MA Sports and Lifestyle
Sport is socially highly considered as a leisure activity, as a profession or as an event. Sport engagement and sport consumption are closely related to cultural, milieu and gender specific lifestyles.
As an interdisciplinary cross-sectional discipline, sport science offers a great opportunity to analyze sport-related lifestyles from the perspectives of both, social and natural sciences.
The central key component of the Master programme Sport and Lifestyle at the Carl von Ossietzky University is the relationship between social positions, cultural inclinations, and people’s dealings with body and movement. The research-oriented studies aim at enabling graduates to design and/or evaluate target group-oriented sport and health offers for people of different social backgrounds, ages and gender. It responds herewith to increasingly urgent social questions and demands. These touch among others:
- The influence of social disparities on sport engagement, health and nutrition behaviour;
- Social and personal consequences of an increasing body and sport cult;
- The possibilities and limits of sport as a medium of social and cultural integration;
- Demographic developments that demand an improvement of participation chances particularly for elderly people in sport and thus in culture and society.
Careers and Occupational Fields In the exploding, constantly differentiating fields of sport, health and leisure increasingly scientifically educated experts are needed, who are able to research complex coherences between socio-cultural and bio-medical factors. For Master degree holders of Sport and Lifestyle, there are good career chances in the area of research (within the university, but as well outside e.g. in trend research), in counselling (political institutions, schools, health insurance funds, athletic unions, public authorities etc.), and in the area of survey, conception and evaluation of offers in the field of sport and movement for different target groups with their distinct lifestyles. In all these areas research and key competences are required, which are central for the described master programme. Regulations of Admission Requirements(pdf) More Information
- Brief information Sport and Lifestyle (pdf)
- Curriculum Sport and Lifestyle (pdf)
- Master Scholarship
For personal information and help please contact: