Course of study
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Degree Award: Bachelor of Science
- Language: German/English
- admission limited
- Special admission requirements
Physics, Engineering and Medicine - Bachelor's Programme
The problems in modern medicine can only be solved by interdisciplinary collaboration between scientists and clinicians. The bachelor’s degree programme Physics, Engineering and Medicine provides the suitable mix from theory and practical work, physics and medicine, technology and life sciences to master the challenges in research, industry and clinics.
The programme is linked to the Cluster of Excellence "Hearing4all" and thus has a high degree of interdisciplinarity between physics, medicine, acoustics and neurosciences. It offers early research contacts and the opportunity to work at university and extra-university institutes such as Fraunhofer, HörTech and Hörzentrum Oldenburg.
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
English Language Proficiency see admissions regulations
You can proof your English language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) Level B2
- if applicants are native speaker or they have university entrance qualification or a university degree obtained in English (within the last two years)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. Applicants who need a preparatory German course before commencing their studies must present their knowledge of English with their application. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
The graduates of the bachelor’s programme are excellently qualified in the field of applied physics and medical technology and have excellent career opportunities due to the high demand for specialists and the very good development possibilities in this field.
In addition, they have very good prerequisites for the transition to other courses of study close to medical science in Germany and abroad. Their field of work is comparable to the bachelor's degree in medical technology (for example, medical technology in hospitals and industry at Bachelor level) with emphasis on measurement technology, signal processing and IT use in medicine.
Proof of English language proficiency on Level B2 of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Proof through a language certificate or
- First language is English or
- University entrance qualification in English (within the last two years) or
- An average minimum of 8 points in English language in the last two school years
The application deadline for the winter semester is 20 August.
- Kurzbeschreibung Physik, Technik und Medizin (B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Current courses for Physics, Engineering and Medicine (Bachelor's Programme)
- Internetseite Physik, Technik und Medizin B.Sc.
- Modulhandbuch Physik, Technik und Medizin (B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Physik, Technik und Medizin (B.Sc.) bis 2023 [pdf]