In order to study at the University of Oldenburg, you need an adequate knowledge of German and, in some cases, English.
The proof of language proficiency on the A2 level needs to be submitted to uni-assist e.V. before the application deadline has passed. Otherwise, uni-assist e.V. does not forward the application documents. Subsequent filing is not possible.
For all German-speaking degree programmes you need to proof sufficient German language proficiency for registering for professional studies.
For the Master programmes German as a Foreign Language / German as a Second Language and German Studies, you will need DSH 3 or TestDaf with level 5 in all four areas.
The language tables for German are in progress.
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
- Feststellungsprüfung am Studienkolleg (German part of the exam)
- DSD II: Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz II
- Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (formerly: Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (ZOP), Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom (KDS) und Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS))
telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule: certificate that the exam was successful
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrollment.
An application at the University of Oldenburg is also possible without sufficient language proficiency for the professional studies. For these applicants we offer preparatory German language courses.
Minimum requirements for language support in a preparatory German language course at the University of Oldenburg are German language skills on a B1 level. Together with your application, please hand in one of the following language certificates:
- Goethe-Zertifikat B1
- ÖSD Zertifikat B1
- Zertifikat Deutsch (telc Deutsch B1)
- TestDaF Level 3333
- Equivalency of completed basic skill levels with evidence of at least 800 hours of German instruction (for countries without a Goethe-Institut)
The preparatory course consists of intensive German language courses that take students to the C1 level and prepare them for the DSH exam. The University of Oldenburg offers the DSH exam twice a year (February and July).
Applicants who need to enroll for the Studienkolleg prior to their professional studies need to hold at least a B2 certificate proofing there German language proficiency.
Applicants seeking admission to the Anpassungslehrgang also need to have at the B2 level in German language proficiency to be eligible to apply.
All English-speaking degree programmes as well as some German-speaking degree programmes also require a proof of English language proficiency. As these requirements vary by degree programme please check “Admission requirements” on the information website of the respective degree programme.
For English Language Proficiency the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) applies.
You will find a list of all degree programmes following Degree Programmes.