Director of the Institute
- Prof. Dr. Rudolf Holbach
- Prof. Dr. Dietmar von Reeken (vice director)
- Prof. Dr. Dagmar Freist
- Prof. Dr. Hans Henning Hahn
- Prof. Dr. Gunilla Budde (representative)
- Prof. Dr. Michael Sommer (representative)
- Jun.-Prof. Dr. Malte Thießen
You will find an overview of persons to contact in different areas here.
Antiquity, Middle Ages, Early Modern History, 19th and 20th century, Contemporary History after 1945, Modern East European History and History Didactics - in Oldenburg you can study the subject of history in all its diversity. Emphasis in research and teaching are:
- Historical culture and teaching with a focus on empirical teaching and learning research; cultural-historical questions, theories and methods from antiquity to contemporary history
- comparative history of North West Europe (Germany, England, the Netherlands) from the Middle Ages to the 20th century with regards to political, social and economic historical aspects;
- Research and teaching about East European history, and in cooperation with the Federal Institute for Culture and History of the Germans in Eastern Europe (BKGE)
Detailed information can be found in the profile paper 'teaching and research' at the Institute of History.
The diverse course offerings and numerous research activities in these areas will be borne by the six departments of the Institute: