Course of study
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Degree Award: Bachelor of Science
- Language: German
- admission free
Physics - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take Physics
- as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS) or
- as a Minor (30 ECTS) combined with a Major
Physics can be studied either in connection with a non-teaching career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects for each teaching position.
Physics is also an essential field in the public school system because of its significance for culture and society, as well as its contribution to promoting creativity and problem solving skills. Due to the significance of many discoveries in modern physics, there is a great demand for people who can present complex scientific information to a wider audience, especially in research centres and in the editing of magazines, etc. If you enjoy communicating and explaining the ideas, phenomena, knowledge and models that make up physics, then you should pursue the dual-subject bachelor's programme in Physics at the University of Oldenburg!
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
If students are interested in a non-school-related goal, more information can be found at the professional field of Physics (in German).
The application deadline for the winter semester is 15 October.
If applicable, the application deadline depends on the first subject, if it is admission restricted.
- Kurzbeschreibung Physik (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Combination of subjects for teaching degrees [pdf]
- Fächerkombinationen Lehramt [pdf]
- Current courses for Physics (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
- Internetseite Physik (B.A./B.Sc.)
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Zwei-Fächer-Bachelorstudiengang (B.A./B.Sc.) bis 2021 [pdf]