Department for Research and Technology Transfer
Information for Doctoral Researchers
We are pleased that you are doing - or are interested in pursuing - doctoral work at the University of Oldenburg.
These pages offer more detailed information on
- career counseling for Doctoral Candidates / Prospective Doctoral Candidates
- the process of registration, admission, and enrollment as well as further important terms and information
- (doctoral degree) regulations
- doctoral degree programs at the University of Oldenburg
- career perspectives and development
- legal and financial issues around the doctorate
- international issues: support for going abroad and information for international doctoral candidates
- family and equal opportunity at the university
- doing a doctorate with health impairments, disabilities and chronic physical or mental illnesses
- the representation of doctoral researchers and
- central services offering advice.
Further information regarding central organisational units of the University of Oldenburg that may be relevant for doctoral candidates ca be found in the brochure Getting your Doctorate at the University of Oldenburg – services, advice and support. General information on the PhD in Germany can be found in the ZEIT Campus Ratgeber Promotion (only available in German, unfortunately).