Department for Research and Technology Transfer
We are pleased that you are doing - or are interested in pursuing - doctoral work at the University of Oldenburg.
These pages offer more detailed information on
- doctoral degree regulations
- the process of registration, admission, and enrollment
- doctoral degree programs at the University of Oldenburg
- PraxisPromotion - Pursuing non-university career paths - already during the doctorate (page only available in German)
- legal and financial issues around the doctorate
- the representation of doctoral researchers
- international issues: support for going abroad and information for international doctoral candidates
- career counseling for Doctoral Candidates / Prospective Doctoral Candidates
- career perspectives and development
- family and equal opportunity at the university and
- central services offering advice.
Further information regarding organisational units of the University of Oldenburg that may be relevant for doctoral candidates ca be found in the Wegweiser für Promovierende (currently only available in German; English version expected soon). General information on the PhD in Germany can be found in the ZEIT Campus Ratgeber Promotion (only available in German, unfortunately).