This workshop has been designed for postdoctoral candidates who want to prepare for the job search in a systematic way, or who want to learn more about application strategies and feel more confident [...]
Do you have suggestions for the program of the Graduate Academy? Please contact us, we would love to hear from you!
Peer Coaching Programme 3 "Making a Career after the Postdoc" - Workshop "Tailor-made Job Applications"
OLTECH - Mentoring programme for young researchers (03/2023 - 03/2024)
Young researchers actively explore their career options, learn career development methods, build a network, and improve their networking strategies.
This is made possible through: specific trainings, workshops & lectures. We offer everyone a framework for a fruitful mentoring partnership.
Good Scientific Practice – Protecting Scientific Integrity
with Dr. Michael Gommel, M.A. – Research Integrity Consultant
OLTECH – Career paths in Science, Medicine and Technology 06.06.2023
Seminar series for young researchers enrolled in the doctoral study programmes
of the Graduate School OLTECH
Make an Impact! Networking and Communication Skills for Academics
How can I make an impact in professional contexts such as small-talk situations at conferences? What can help me in situations where I face an international crowd and how can I connect to an [...]
Project management for Scientists and Researchers
Projects in general can be considered as extraordinary, temporary ventures which in many cases require interdisciplinary or cross-institutional teamwork. The importance of a systematic approach to [...]
Intercultural Communication Skills
To work in research and sciences means working with people from different cultures who may have different styles of communication and a different set of values. Effective communication and [...]
Spotlight Seminar: How to apply for tenure-track positions in North America (USA/Canada)
The seminar offers an overview of the application and search process for academic positions in the USA and Canada (English-speaking). From „small liberal arts colleges” to „research 1 universities”, [...]
Analysis, visualisation and statistics using R for Environmental Scientists
This will be an introduction course intended to give students and doctoral researchers an overview and introduction to R applied to analysing environmental data, with specific emphasis on chemical datasets. The course will begin with a brief introduction to the R environment and basic function and then include an overview of statistical analyses that are valuable in environmental datasets. The doctoral researchers and master students will be able to use R efficiently and they will be able to improve their scientific work with the possibilities of R.
OLTECH – Career paths in Science, Medicine and Technology 05.09.2023
“Career paths in Science, Medicine and Technology” offers you the chance to meet OLTECH alumni and other role models, to hear from their experiences, and to interact with them. You will learn about a [...]
Peer Coaching Programme 3 "Making a Career after the Postdoc" - Kick off workshop
As a PhD researcher or postdoc you are probably facing a variety of scientific and personal challenges. In addition to inspiring scientific ideas, you also need efficient work organization, [...]
Peer Coaching Programme 3 "Making a Career after the Postdoc" - "Leadership Competence & Supervising Doctoral Researchers"
To master all demands required of a postdoc or a group leader while keeping time for creative research projects it is important to manage yourself and lead your research group in an appropriate way. [...]
Peer Coaching Programme 3 - Workshop "Conflict Management- From Confrontation to Collaboration""
This workshop introduces you to key competencies for successful dialogue facilitation and conflict resolution. Using analysis, self-management and communication tools learned here you can turn each [...]
Peer Coaching Programme 3 "Making a Career after the Postdoc" - Workshop "Career Development through Research Funding"
Researchers are increasingly faced with expectations to raise third-party funds if they want to pursue a successful research career. Yet, applying for third-party funds is not an end in itself and [...]
Peer Coaching Programme 3 "Making a Career after the Postdoc" - Team Supervision Day
The team supervision day offers international doctoral researchers and international postdocs the opportunity of reflection and counselling in a group of peers with similar roles and questions. You [...]
Further educational offers of the central University Didactics (Hochschuldidaktik) may be found here.
Courses offered by the Graduate Academy
The focus of the Graduate Academy's program is to offer need-based courses and workshops for all early career researchers of the university. In particular, the program encompasses transferable skills courses in the following four core areas:
We further offer
- for doctoral candidates: special courses relevant in the beginning and end of the PhD phases
- for doctoral candidates in the final phase of their PhD, post-doctoral fellows, junior professors, and first-time professors: three exclusive six-months Coaching Programmes for Career Development
- for female doctoral candidates in the final phase of their PhD and female early post-doctoral fellows the Helene Lange Mentoring Programme for Female Researchers* "Potentials. Career orientation and planning for female researchers*"
- for female advanced post-doctoral fellows, research group leaders, junior professors and tenure track professors the Helene Lange Mentoring Programme for Female Researchers* Progressio. Successful development in academic leadership
- for postdoctoral fellows measures to improve the compatibility of career and family
All workshops of the Graduate Academy can be attended free of costs from now on!
Terms and Conditions / Registration details
- Terms and Conditions of the Graduate Academy
- After successfully completing a course offered by the Graduate Academy, you will receive a certificate of attendance. If you attend more than one course, we can also issue an overall certificate, listing all your courses; in this case, please contact us for further information.
- You will find the registration form for each course on the individual course page once registration is open!