English - Master of Education Programme (Vocational and Business Education)
You want to apply for a Master of Education Programme (Vocational and Business Education) in English.
Most important points
- The study course is admission free.
- Application for beginning students is possible in winter semester.
- First day of application: June 1st, 2023
- Application deadline: August 15th, 2023
- Application: not possible
Special admission requirements
- A bachelor's degree or a similar qualification in the subjects for which admission to the master's degree programme is applied for
- Combination of subjects according to the current Regulations for Master’s Degrees for teachers in Lower Saxony (Nds. MasterVO-Lehr)
- At least 66 credit points in economics, of which at least 5 credit points in didactics/teaching
- At least 12 credit points in the teaching subject, of which at least 5 credit points in didactics/teaching
- For a subject combination with French or Spanish, at least 30 credit points in each of these subjects, of which at least 24 credit points are in the scientific component and at least 6 credit points in the didactics component.
- At least 18 credit points in vocational and business education
- Successfully completed practical training in a school
- You must provide evidence of English language proficiency
The minimum requirements for English language proficiency are:
- School reports: Proof of English study at school for four years or three years, if studied as part of a university entry qualification. At least the German grade 4 (ausreichend, sufficient) or 5 in the last two years of language classes. Alternatively:
- Proof of language skills: Level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Note for external applicants (Bachelor's degree from a university other than the University of Oldenburg):
- at least 180 credits according to the grade certificate at the time of application
- with less than 180 credits, the sum of Bachelor's credits still missing and requirements determined may not exceed 30 credits
For more details see Foreign language skills on this page.
Fees and tuition
Normal fees and tuition, see more details .
With a first degree from Germany you need to apply online from June 1st, 2023 until August 15th, 2023 for the beginning of Wintersemester 2023/2024.
For the online application please have your personal data and your university degree from Germany on hand. Another option is to use your transcript of records with the total amount of your credit points and overall average grade of your studies.
At the end of the online application you get the document Bewerbungsantrag to print out. Please send this document signed with all other mentioned documents to the University of Oldenburg.
Your documents need to be at the University of Oldenburg until August 15th, 2023.